+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v St Mirren

You can only judge a manager when he's brought in his own players.

No competition for places is not good.
    IMO until we bring in 4 or 5 players nothing much will change.

All the manager can work on currently is fitness and motivation. Positions and tactics nothing really to change

Wishing the new manager all the luck in the world tonight . Almost forgot that former Queens gaffer James Fowler is assistant at St Mirren . Just read on another forum that the Saints have conceded a goal in everyone of their last 18 games

I take it things haven't worked out for Kyle Hutton at St Mirren , I see he's away on loan to Airdrieonians

The race to the bottom continues....

Much as it hurts me to admit, it was maybe a very late strike but Saints deserved to win. St Mirren moved the ball about well all night and dominated the midfield decisively. Hamill in centre midfield didn't work as he hasn't got the engine in there for it now but I understood that the boss was trying to shore up that area . Saints are off and running now and will be looking at us now as someone they can chase and move past . We are in a relegation battle now for sure but let's hope the manager has had a good look at the team and can pin point players to bring in and improve things . I heard there are two boys lined up from Aberdeen and one from Hearts . We shall see !i
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 06-12-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Another real kick in the nuts that was and with a trip to Falkirk coming up, it never rains but it pours.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Much as it hurts me to admit, it was maybe a very late strike but Saints deserved to win. St Mirren moved the ball about well all night and dominated the midfield decisively. Hamill in centre midfield didn't work as he hasn't got the engine in there for it now but I understood that the boss was trying to shore up that area . Saints are off and running now and will be looking at us now as someone they can chase and move past . We are in a relegation battle now for sure but let's hope the manager has had a good look at the team and can pin point players to bring in and improve things . I heard there are two boys lined up from Aberdeen and one from Hearts . We shall see !i
    The manager admitted after the match that he will be bringing players in. No names or positions mentioned - obviously.
    He also said that he would play a different formation, but stuck with what the players were familiar with tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    The manager admitted after the match that he will be bringing players in. No names or positions mentioned - obviously.
    He also said that he would play a different formation, but stuck with what the players were familiar with tonight.
    Hiya Iain. Good that Naysmith said he will bring players in BUT how quick can we do this ? Do we have to wait till the window or can we bring in loan players now?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Hiya Iain. Good that Naysmith said he will bring players in BUT how quick can we do this ? Do we have to wait till the window or can we bring in loan players now?
    I think it will have to be in the window, unless there are any decent free agents out there. Not sure how loan deals work though.
    He also mentioned the fact that he had to players on the bench tonight that he had never seen play, which wasn't ideal.
    On recent showings I think he needs at least four new faces.

Still feel quite numb after that last gap defeat but if we're honest the better team won and yet again our ridiculous small squad size has come back to bite us on the bum . Naysmith sums it up perfectly on his aftermatch interview , take a listen
    That's seven straight league defeats in a row and no wins in nine league matches . What's really worrying is I don't see where this run is going to end . May as well give Falkirk the three points now , we cant defend and Robinson can't kick . Wonder if it's time to give Atkinson a start in goals
    Your penny pinching at the start of the season has now cost us thousands of pounds . Well done Hewitson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)