+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City v Celtic

Man City v Celtic

Tonight the curtain comes down on this seasons Champions League experience. It was always going to be tough making any headway in that group and so it proved, our performances at home to City and away to BMG the only highlights, we caught Barca at their best in the Nou Camp, but thought we were too negative in the home leg and felt there was something there for us if we had made a better effort. Now we have to get on with winning the Scottish Premiership and trying to get back to the Champions League Groups again next season.

Think that after ye had a commendable result against Pot 2 opponents at home ye thought that Pot 3 BM would be relatively easy at home and ye were given a lesson. Not saying BM are a doddle, and the draw didn't favour Celtic, but I think many of yer support and probably team started believing the hype that the home support would carry ye over the line against Ze Germans and they cuffed ye.

I wouldn't take qualifying for CL next season for granted either. There'll be plenty of tough teams in the draw and we saw that even some mob from Malta can give ye a riddy.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Think that after ye had a commendable result against Pot 2 opponents at home ye thought that Pot 3 BM would be relatively easy at home and ye were given a lesson. Not saying BM are a doddle, and the draw didn't favour Celtic, but I think many of yer support and probably team started believing the hype that the home support would carry ye over the line against Ze Germans and they cuffed ye.

I wouldn't take qualifying for CL next season for granted either. There'll be plenty of tough teams in the draw and we saw that even some mob from Malta can give ye a riddy.
    Cant disagree with any of that.

City not playing too good lately . If I was a gambling man I would have a tenner on the draw .

Quote Originally Posted by donnytyke View Post
    City not playing too good lately . If I was a gambling man I would have a tenner on the draw .
    Pity you werent a betting man.... Pleased with last nights result and performance, only negative was a few niggling injuries, hope we are at full strength for Firhill on Friday night.

Woo Celtic away on a Friday again after Europe. Yer man Rodgers won't be happy with that

What's the story with all the camera phone lights at the game in Manchester btw. Looked pretty good when they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Woo Celtic away on a Friday again after Europe. Yer man Rodgers won't be happy with that

What's the story with all the camera phone lights at the game in Manchester btw. Looked pretty good when they did it.

Done on 67 mins to commemorate the up and coming 50 anniversary of Lisbon in 1967

Quote Originally Posted by seumasbhoy View Post
    Done on 67 mins to commemorate the up and coming 50 anniversary of Lisbon in 1967
    I wonder if Nottingham Forest fans do anything like that, seeing as they have won it more times than the dhims. Get a grip, these plastic paddies are the 1st to jump in when the English go on about 1966, what a bunch of vile whoppers

Quote Originally Posted by seumasbhoy View Post
    Ta for that - thought it looked good. Just saying DD

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Death View Post
    I wonder if Nottingham Forest fans do anything like that, seeing as they have won it more times than the dhims. Get a grip, these plastic paddies are the 1st to jump in when the English go on about 1966, what a bunch of vile whoppers
    ffs dumbo your horrible club celebrate getting pumped by fishermen and butchers in a Euro final, what a phukkin belter you are

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)