+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Thread 2017

Holiday Thread 2017

Need to get this place up and running again. Bit quiet these days

Anyway, anybody booked any yet?

Due to Mrs Pac blowing most of her hols on weddings and hen parties abroad next year a Pacfamily holiday will probably not happen until later in the year.

So ive spent the morning organising and treating myself to a place ive always wanted to visit. Switzerland.

Me, myself and I for 5 days. Got my flights booked my hotels for the first few days as the second half of the trip depends on circumstances. Its going to be all about sightseeing and fitba.

At the moment I have
    FC Aarau v Luzern 1/3
    Basel v FC Zurich 2/3
    Young Boys Bern v Thun 4/3 TBC

The YB game is most likely to be moved from the Saturday to the Sunday (I emailed YB about it and they said it’s the tv fixture that weekend) which would be magic as ill get Luzern v Grasshoppers also. But that’s ideal world. So fingers crossed for 4 games. All night time games so see the cities during the day, drink expensive as f@ck beers during the day.

Cant wait.

Yorkshire for a week with the in-laws in July. Same holiday as this year. Was pretty good as the weather was stunning but I can imagine it would be pretty grim if it's raining. Hard to kick the @rse out it when everyone else is tee-total There's a cricket club a stones throw away (Sewerby CC) so I might wander along there to watch a couple of matches.

5 days watching foreign footie sounds braw Pac min

Currently -28 here, -37 with the windchill. Off to Honolulu in early January.
    2 weeks on Waikiki, a visit to Pearl Harbour and have tickets to the Sony Open.
    Magic. Also off to Australia in March. Never been so looking forward to it.

Taking a drive around Spain and maybe Portugal in the camper later this month. Throwing the fishing rods in but apart from that I have no plans, just the way I like it. Return Eurostar booked for the 28th and should be in edinburgh in time to watch us pump the smelly jambos

With Wizzair offering very cheap flights from Aberdeen to Poland it looks like we are off to Warsaw next year.

This year we went to Tallinn, Estonia and Helsinki. Both places were a first - both were ace - Tallinn was by far the cheaper.

too early to say yet, so nowhere so far. also nae in work at present (by choice, **** being offshore xmas if i dinna have too) so will have to see how long that lasts.

only made latvia (for dons fitba) and spain this year. valencia v barca was highlight.

Hoping to get over to Germany for a fitba and beer few days if i can get a squad together. Will prob end up in Spain at folks part time hoos.

Quote Originally Posted by standfreelee View Post
    too early to say yet, so nowhere so far. also nae in work at present (by choice, **** being offshore xmas if i dinna have too) so will have to see how long that lasts.

only made latvia (for dons fitba) and spain this year. valencia v barca was highlight.

Hoping to get over to Germany for a fitba and beer few days if i can get a squad together. Will prob end up in Spain at folks part time hoos.
    Germany is the place to be to watch fitba, great food, great beer, goals, cheap. All good. Also easy to get a 2/3 games over a weekend

Just booked up for Rome for a long weekend in April. It will include a huge bucket list ticking off. The Rome derby. Yaaas min

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Just booked up for Rome for a long weekend in April. It will include a huge bucket list ticking off. The Rome derby. Yaaas min

The stadium has been mostly empty at the last few Rome derbies due to fan protests.

I was at Roma v Fiorentina a few years back. It was ok but the fans are total arseholes. I was taking a few photos and when I was looking back at them there were loads of folk giving me the finger or giving me dirty looks.

Quote Originally Posted by therealsouthstander View Post
    The stadium has been mostly empty at the last few Rome derbies due to fan protests.

I was at Roma v Fiorentina a few years back. It was ok but the fans are total arseholes. I was taking a few photos and when I was looking back at them there were loads of folk giving me the finger or giving me dirty looks.
    Aye ive seen that. Due to the authorities putting a perspex fence through the middle of the Roma curva.

Just means ill get my coffee and a twix quicker

If their fans are pr@cks ill unleash the fury on them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast