+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Mannies Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I was being transported along Shawlands Road when Stoke bagged the Indian captain. My shout of “yaaaaas!” was probably ill-advised given Govanhill has many many people from the sub-continent as residents.

I think I got away with it, though.
    Wouldnae worry yersel Vin. Govanhill full of Slovaks and Romanies now who aren’t bothered about the cricket.

Congrats to the Burnley Express on 5-20. Still got it, our Jimmy.

Strong batting from Alistair and Joe will set up the win.

The India attack can swing it around as well, although hardly roon corners like Jimmy, and conditions will be less stressful for England’s top order. If we get the full day, 240 should be a good total, playing prudently, judging the movement. I’ll switch on TMS shortly, as I don’t need the distraction right now.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    ... As ever, their batsmen are better than their bowlers...
    I don't half talk a load of sh!t

Exciting test but if you take away the rain delays, it was finished within 2 days. Conditions benefited England greatly and they bowled well but the no1 test ranked team in the world should be able to put up a little bit more of a stiffer resistance. Great batting from Woakes and Bairstow.

I blame 20/20

India were unlucky having to bat in the worst of the weather, but there is no excuse in being all out for about 100.

I blame 20-20 too.

The names of the 12 jurors on the Ben Stokes trial have just been released:

Joe Root, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Alastair Cook, Sam Curran, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope, Jamie Porter, Chris Woakes and Alex Hales.

Doesn’t look like the players have the attention span for Test cricket anymore.

All out in 38 overs is pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Doesn’t look like the players have the attention span for Test cricket anymore.
    The Bashes and the IPL have a lot to answer for. **** yer baseball.

It’s good to see Ben Stokes and Chris Woakes in the side though, as they’re rhyming slang for each other.

Saw this on twitter

England did not lose 10 wickets in a session between 1938 and 2016. Today is the 3rd time they have done this in 2 years (24 Tests). Others: v Bangladesh at Mirpur 2016 and v NZ Auckland 2018.

20/20 has a lot to answer for

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast