+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Mannies Cricket

Pietersen and Swann both saying in the after-match summary that the batsmen should have gone after Lyon a bit more.

Test match nicely poised after 2 days. Already sick of the sight of Steve Smith but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it. If they can get him out early and restrict the tail, they can still go into the 2nd innings with a lead. Marsh is playing better than I ever thought possible but the bowlers kinda ran out of steam a bit when the ball started doing not very much. Fresh bowlers and the fact it should start reverse swinging shortly will give England some optimism.

Good start to a Saturday morning.

England making an a'rse of it and Geoffrey Boycott in the commentry box.

Poor predictable start to proceedings. Once again the batting was a total let down. Failing to convert decent starts into a good first innings score over400 which would have put the Aussies under pressure. Stokes already looking a big miss especially with the ball.

Great cricket just now although Aussies still favourites imo

England trail Australia by 228 runs with 7 wickets remaining

Last Ashes test at the WACA and it's shaping up to be a good one. Eng win the toss but lose Chef early, might be time we pull the shutters up. Nice stand from Vince and Stoneman, but they and cook are back in the hutch before an hitherto unbroken partnership from Bairstow 63* and Malan 93* put England 276/4 with 8 overs left in the day.

New ball is doing a bit tho...

Edit: Ton for Dawid Malan with his maiden ton for England, currently 106*. Well done sir
    Last edited by StandfreeFM; 14-12-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Well, the least anticipated Ashes series in recent memory starts tonight. Two poor unsettled teams (each of the 2005 sides would have won 5-0 against a combined 2017 XI) begin at the Gabba in Brisbane, where England's record is total sh!te. On BT Sport so I personally will be listening to the radio instead.

Predictions:-

Aus will probably win 3-1 but there is plenty of weaknesses in the Aus lineup. If you can get Warner and Smith out cheaply, they don't really have much else. But they have home conditions going for them and a more balanced bowling attack (if they can stay healthy) which looks more likely to take 20 wickets than England's bowlers.

Most runs:-

Warner (A), Roooooooot (E)

Most Wickets

Starc (A), Woakes (E)
    Well what a load of p!sh that was. Never had any answer as how to get Steve Smith out or how to deal with mildly fast bowling. Vince and Stoneman will probably get another chance only because there is no-one else knocking on the door. Woakes was pretty innocuous, Root failed to convert as per, and Broad and Ali look pretty easy to play against and should lose their places. Anderson by far the best of England's bowlers but he can't have much more to give.

4-0 is about right. From very early on it was clear Oz had the best opener (Warner), superior spinner (Lyon), Best bowling attack (Cummins, Starc and Hazlewood) and best individual batsman (Smith).

Apologies, I've been a tad lax in posting in this thread recently due to the arrival of StandfreeFM Jnr. Have I missed anything interesting in the World of Cricket?

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Apologies, I've been a tad lax in posting in this thread recently due to the arrival of StandfreeFM Jnr. Have I missed anything interesting in the World of Cricket?
    David Warner is confirmed as being a bullying bellend who swicks when he disna get his ain way. W@nker.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    David Warner is confirmed as being a bullying bellend who swicks when he disna get his ain way. W@nker.
    I'm nae actually that fussed about the whole thing, but the aussies seem to be getting their knickers in a twist bigtime about it. Looks like they are scapegoating Warner to save Smith the batsman (doubt he will be captain again). Warner's a d!ck anyway so I'm ok if he never plays test cricket again.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast