+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leeds United: The Wilderness Years 1975-1988 films

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Nobody would question your football knowledge little Vlad - it's everything else you fall down on.

i sometimes agree with things you say. That's probably because i've been saying some of them for months before you turned up, although you seem to have missed that. Never agree with the way you say things though.
    me tarzan and you jane lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    me tarzan and you jane lol
    lol lolol fella lol more homoerotic fantasies about yourself now. You should get a room- with yourself.

Oh, you probably already have.

Episode 14. Season 1977-1978 part three. FA Cup fights, forays and farewells.

Quote Originally Posted by lufcfilms View Post
    Episode 14. Season 1977-1978 part three. FA Cup fights, forays and farewells.

Episode 15 up now. Final part of the 1977/78 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    It's called the Wilderness Years for a reason - it was the post-Revie era, and my experience of that at Elland Road was just as i described - it was pretty bleak. Supporting the club at school became difficult partly due to the lack of success, but actually a lot of people didn't want to be associated with what used to go on, home and away.

I went a lot, but saw a lot, and i'm sure the videos have plenty to smile about and enjoy (if we enjoy all that losing) but i'd much prefer to remember the glory years and then the Wilkinson/O Leary era - both for the results and the experience.

I'm not particularly stressed out about it WTF, don't worry! Just putting it out there that that wouldn't be an era i remember with any fondness at ER.

By the way, on a much lighter note, does anyone remember the England V West Germany 1966 veterans game at ER? That was a weird one...why did it happen at Leeds, anyone know?
    Went to that one Jez, it was in aid of the Bradford fire disaster, there was a game between, modern day stars (platini etc) against an assorted LUFC bunch as well, was lucky enough to be in a box that day, and got the autos of the full `66 team at the dinner afterwards! a prized possession now...

1977/78 Season Review now up ie 42 min compilation of Wilderness Years episodes 12 to 15.

Reminds me of the old program "The Rock and Roll years" which we use to watch in school when there was no teacher for the class.

A great series to watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Reminds me of the old program "The Rock and Roll years" which we use to watch in school when there was no teacher for the class.

A great series to watch though.
    Cheers, that was the vibe I was looking for!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)