+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Change Of Alligeance

So basically you are saying that you used to live in Surrey?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...hardly...and - in cricketing terms - as a Red Rose man I'm deeply offended by AF's 'Leeds' slur.
    Let's just say, there's only one Old Trafford in my life, except on the rare occasions when the Stratford End is full of Rugby League fans...at it's best the greatest game in the world.
    Surely this makes your earlier comment:

"I loved beating Forest yesterday but that's it really...don't actually relish their misery and don't like to see any club - United, Chelsea and Millwall apart - struggling because of misguided, incompetent owners. So serious point..."

seem rather odd. Quote 1 suggests that you were a supporter of Mank Untied and the second suggests you hate them. Whilst I understand you coming over to the bright side from the dark side, why the negativity now towards a club it appears that you supported for 18 years?

Or have I misinterpreted your confessions?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Surely this makes your earlier comment:

"I loved beating Forest yesterday but that's it really...don't actually relish their misery and don't like to see any club - United, Chelsea and Millwall apart - struggling because of misguided, incompetent owners. So serious point..."

seem rather odd. Quote 1 suggests that you were a supporter of Mank Untied and the second suggests you hate them. Whilst I understand you coming over to the bright side from the dark side, why the negativity now towards a club it appears that you supported for 18 years?

Or have I misinterpreted your confessions?
    Comprehension skills Rog...only one Old Trafford refers to the cricket ground. Where my Dad took me to my first Test Match and where I in turn have taken my sons. Brought up with no time for United, only visited that ground in recent years for RL Grand Finals. Accusing me of supporting United for eigh**** years is even worse than Andy's suggestion that I might come from Leeds. Besides, I reckon my dues have been paid to DCFC...twenty eight years of support and four season tickets at one point.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-12-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Comprehension skills Rog...only one Old Trafford refers to the cricket ground. Where my Dad took me to my first Test Match and where I in turn have taken my sons. Brought up with no time for United, only visited that ground in recent years for RL Grand Finals. Accusing me of supporting United for eigh**** years is even worse than Andy's suggestion that I might come from Leeds. Besides, I reckon my dues have been paid to DCFC...twenty eight years of support and four season tickets at one point.
    Jeez is your arse that huge that you needed 4 seats.

So come on then, come clean about who it was - Burnley? Oldham Athletic? Bury?

Its only odd by tribal bullish attitudes that curse football.

Many people world wide follow players and support teams accordingly. Over here there is a ridiculous attitude that fans must only say positive things, tow the party line and lie in the face of adversity to defend their team. Same goes with expectations on players that they should be loyal to an employer and not further their career due to all this. Its bull****!!!!

I have watched and supported Derby all my life. I have also dont the same with Burton Albion especially as a young lad my dad took me a lot. That was fine back in the days that never the twain shall meet. Roll on a couple of years and now we are in the same division. So am I disloyal by not dropping allegiances to one club or the other?

To be honest it was the weirdest game were I didn't care who won or lost. Almost like a neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    Its only odd by tribal bullish attitudes that curse football.

Many people world wide follow players and support teams accordingly. Over here there is a ridiculous attitude that fans must only say positive things, tow the party line and lie in the face of adversity to defend their team. Same goes with expectations on players that they should be loyal to an employer and not further their career due to all this. Its bull****!!!!

I have watched and supported Derby all my life. I have also dont the same with Burton Albion especially as a young lad my dad took me a lot. That was fine back in the days that never the twain shall meet. Roll on a couple of years and now we are in the same division. So am I disloyal by not dropping allegiances to one club or the other?

To be honest it was the weirdest game were I didn't care who won or lost. Almost like a neutral.
    I think many of us will admit to a 'soft' spot for The Brewers, and personally they are the only team I've ever paid to watch apart from Derby (the famous BBG game against Leicester, anyone remember that?), but the match at The Pirelli only strengthened my Ramness, There was very definitely only one team I was rooting for.

I guess you were at that game Rat? I've always wondered why the record books quote Burton's record home attendance as 6k or something, the Leicester match was a home tie for the brewers and attracted 22,000, of which I'm guessing 15,000 were Derby fans. Ironically a week later Burton recorded their lowest ever 'home' crowd when they played the rerun of that game at Highfield Road in front of an empty stadium, instructed by the FA.

Edit: I now know why it isn't a record - according to the FA its doesn't exist as a game due to their instruction to replay it. For those gagging for enlightenment, the game had to be replayed because the Burton keeper played 60 minutes concussed after being knocked out by a Normo End seat remnant chucked at him by a Leicester scrote.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 13-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Jeez is your arse that huge that you needed 4 seats.

So come on then, come clean about who it was - Burnley? Oldham Athletic? Bury?
    How rude sir, certainly not!

You're getting warmer but then again there are a lot of clubs in the North West...could be Wigan, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, Fleetwood or Rochdale. It's one of those ten and they're not above us in the Football League. Can't be that interesting and I'd be giving away too much to disclose.

How rude sir, certainly not!

You're getting warmer but then again there are a lot of clubs in the North West...could be Wigan, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, Fleetwood or Rochdale. It's one of those ten and they're not above us in the Football League. Can't be that interesting and I'd be giving away too much to disclose.
    Wigan and Fleetwood were non league then so I doubt if it was them, same with Morecambe

I always hated Bolton as Sam Allardyce was a dirty ****er; always liked Rochdale but I will bet on Preston as they had an OK team back in the 50's when you were a lad

Wigan and Fleetwood were non league then so I doubt if it was them, same with Morecambe

I always hated Bolton as Sam Allardyce was a dirty ****er; always liked Rochdale but I will bet on Preston as they had an OK team back in the 50's when you were a lad
    Actually Allardyce says in his autobiography that he only genuinely set out to hurt one player in his career...Mick Harford...who was possibly the dirtiest sod to ever wear a Rams' shirt.

Football in the fifties was before my time Rog...my first recollection of visiting a sports Stadium was in 1961/62.

I went to watch Mansfield Town a few times when my then favourite Rams player Bill Curry went to play for them after leaving Derby.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)