+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Change Of Alligeance

Change Of Alligeance

I'm sure I heard on one of the commentaries yesterday that Ben Osborn's family, or some of them, had converted from being Derby fans to Forest fans and were in the away crowd yesterday. I just can't get my head round that being possible, and I don't just mean Derby to Forest, changing alligeance from one club to another, or supporting two clubs is just too much for my tiny mind to compute. Anyone here ever done that?

I have a mate who was a massive Rams fan, his Dad was also associated with the club and he went to games home and away and never missed a match, went to a lot of friendly's and reserve matches too. The problem was he was a massive Bobby Davidson fan and when he went to play for Leeds just swapped supporting Derby to supporting Leeds.

He nearly reverted back to a Rams fan when Arthur Cox got him back on loan but when Arthur didn't resign him went back to being a Leeds fan and still is today. His Dad couldn't believe the turn around either. I've asked many a time why he turned into a prat supporting Leeds but can't really get any logical answers. What I can't understand is that he seems to be really bitter when things are going well for us. I'm wondering if he wants to be a Rams fan again but hasn't got the bottle to tell us as he's get ripped apart!

....and that's what I'm thinking about Osborn's family (assuming I didn't mishear of course), what will they do when he moves to another club - go and support them?

If my memory serves me right, the Legend that is Alan Hinton supported both West Brom and Wolves as a youngster, but only when they were playing at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm sure I heard on one of the commentaries yesterday that Ben Osborn's family, or some of them, had converted from being Derby fans to Forest fans and were in the away crowd yesterday. I just can't get my head round that being possible, and I don't just mean Derby to Forest, changing alligeance from one club to another, or supporting two clubs is just too much for my tiny mind to compute. Anyone here ever done that?
    I can understand them being supportive of their family member but changing their allegiance to Forest from Derby makes no sense at all. As has been said what do they do when he moves on from Forest?! Once a Ram always a Ram!

They couldn't have been avid fans in the first place then.

Money talks in this society and some shallow pathetic people follow that unfortunately.

I'd never set foot in Derby until I was eigh**** which happened to coincide with them being League Champions for the first time. Used to go and watch out of interest but not really support, except on the big European evenings, as that was reserved for my home town team. Then my son - who was born in Derbyshire - at the age of eight declared that he wanted to support Derby so that's been the way of things since 1988 as there seemed little point in going every week without supporting them. Awkward when the two teams meet and very mixed emotions but fortunately it doesn't happen that often and I eventually realised I wanted Derby to win. Can't be that uncommon an experience for people who grew up in one town but have spent most of their working life in or around another can it?

And that home town team was......??

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    And that home town team was......??
    he won't say so it has to be Leeds

Hmmm so a glory hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Hmmm so a glory hunter?
    Lol...hardly...and - in cricketing terms - as a Red Rose man I'm deeply offended by AF's 'Leeds' slur.
    Let's just say, there's only one Old Trafford in my life, except on the rare occasions when the Stratford End is full of Rugby League fans...at it's best the greatest game in the world.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-12-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)