+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aymen Belaid

Aymen Belaid

M.O.M. for me on Sat - defence started a little nervous but grew in confidence the longer the game went on but how refreshing to see a centre back with pace who reads the game very well.Lost count the number of times he covered for Mattock who IMHO was left very vulnerable by Newell who is not good in the tackle and always looks like he's been out on the piss the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    M.O.M. for me on Sat - defence started a little nervous but grew in confidence the longer the game went on but how refreshing to see a centre back with pace who reads the game very well.Lost count the number of times he covered for Mattock who IMHO was left very vulnerable by Newell who is not good in the tackle and always looks like he's been out on the piss the night before.
    I was always under the impression he was a left back Dont know why.

He was solid at the weekend, which makes me wonder why he hasnt been picked by anyone since he arrived, including the man who signed him.

Decent pace and Id say a natural ability to read the game, he was reacting to the danger a good few seconds faster than Wood or Wilson would have done.

Good point RE Newell, but hes always been a player destined to attack more than defend. He doesnt appear to have the same "up and at them" attitude like Pringle did.

Very good Saturday proper defenders performance.

With Broadfoot coming back should be a big improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I was always under the impression he was a left back Dont know why.

He was solid at the weekend, which makes me wonder why he hasnt been picked by anyone since he arrived, including the man who signed him.

Decent pace and Id say a natural ability to read the game, he was reacting to the danger a good few seconds faster than Wood or Wilson would have done.

Good point RE Newell, but hes always been a player destined to attack more than defend. He doesnt appear to have the same "up and at them" attitude like Pringle did.
    His weakness is any ball above waist height.

He can't jump or head the ball and basically backs out of any high ball situation.

"nesh" I think the word is.

Can't belief why people are surprised that he's at home in a packed defence - he's a TUNA international !