+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday v RUFC

Wednesday v RUFC

Has Warne the ability to put fire in the bellies of Rovrum on Saturday...
    He ain't no Warnock or Evans....and yet we all know how much them Millers crave to overcome the MASSIVENESS of Sheffield Wednesday.
    Let's hope we see decent level of away support.....like Barnsley brought on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe View Post
    Has Warne the ability to put fire in the bellies of Rovrum on Saturday...
    He ain't no Warnock or Evans....and yet we all know how much them Millers crave to overcome the MASSIVENESS of Sheffield Wednesday.
    Let's hope we see decent level of away support.....like Barnsley brought on Tuesday.
    Most merry Millers I know have accepted defeat before we've even kicked a ball...so we'll probably struggle to break them down and they'll counter attack us and come away with a 1-0 win again like last season!

In terms of support, 500 sold is the word on the street so prob looking at 1.5k max. £36 the week before Christmas is absolutely scandalous so can you really fault them for staying away? My brother is attending on Saturday and has paid £40 to sit at the side of me in the North stand!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    Most merry Millers I know have accepted defeat before we've even kicked a ball...so we'll probably struggle to break them down and they'll counter attack us and come away with a 1-0 win again like last season!

In terms of support, 500 sold is the word on the street so prob looking at 1.5k max. £36 the week before Christmas is absolutely scandalous so can you really fault them for staying away? My brother is attending on Saturday and has paid £40 to sit at the side of me in the North stand!
    I'll be there mate. You are right though, we seem to be on borrowed time. Stubbs appointment has been disastrous and barring a miracle we are down. I might add, we know our place and with our financial lack of muscle it aint the Championship.

Can see us getting a mauling but ya never know, it is our lucky ground

Good to see you lot doing well and no doubt with the backing the good times are here to stay. Good luck to you all. Especially Braggy, we haven't been in touch in ages.

Not many coming from our end as you say. Too expensive they are saying and of course we are having another crap season.

Merry Christmas to all

UTM

If I remember rightly, that Rovrum win at S6 helped to continue Warnock's impressive climb away from the danger zone.....adding to the enjoyment of victory they ended a long Wednesday run of 'undefeated at Hillsborough' - shouldn't Saturday be a no brainer?
    Yes Warne isn't Warnock, but anything can happen in local derbies

We will be taking more than 3000 to Newcastle on Boxing Day for a game that costs £32, has the difficulty of traveling to when public transport is mostly unavailable and is on the TV as well.
    Using money before Christmas is an easy excuse for some, the fans have known about this fixture since July, if they really wanted to go they could have saved a bit aside way before now.

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder View Post
    We will be taking more than 3000 to Newcastle on Boxing Day for a game that costs £32, has the difficulty of traveling to when public transport is mostly unavailable and is on the TV as well.
    Using money before Christmas is an easy excuse for some, the fans have known about this fixture since July, if they really wanted to go they could have saved a bit aside way before now.
    Not likely though is it? We are rock bottom. In addition, we are asked to pay a premium price for sub standard facilities. You won't like to hear this again but the seating is poor, hardly any room for people who own legs and visibility is not great in places. On top of that the catering is bordering on diabolical. Hillsborough is not great to get to and there is no parking. The reverse of that is NYS is a modern stadium, easy to get to and park, it provides space for those with legs, great visibility and great catering. For that we charge about 50% less.

Discretionary spend and considering we took nearly 5000 a couple of seasons ago, the message should be clear.

Only the diehards this year mate and tbh, I don't blame anyone not wanting to part with the cash. You have never, I repeat, never had to follow such a poor team. Warney will do his best but most of the players would only command a League 1 place at best and that is where we are heading. We blew it and even the staunchest of fans are finding it difficult to watch. Our win against QPR was the first in 16 games. The fact that Wednesday are part of the super group of elite, financially sound clubs in the Championship just adds weight to the argument of why bother. Couple of seasons ago you were like us, ordinary and skint. That was then and this is now.

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Not likely though is it? We are rock bottom. In addition, we are asked to pay a premium price for sub standard facilities. You won't like to hear this again but the seating is poor, hardly any room for people who own legs and visibility is not great in places. On top of that the catering is bordering on diabolical. Hillsborough is not great to get to and there is no parking. The reverse of that is NYS is a modern stadium, easy to get to and park, it provides space for those with legs, great visibility and great catering. For that we charge about 50% less.

Discretionary spend and considering we took nearly 5000 a couple of seasons ago, the message should be clear.

Only the diehards this year mate and tbh, I don't blame anyone not wanting to part with the cash. You have never, I repeat, never had to follow such a poor team. Warney will do his best but most of the players would only command a League 1 place at best and that is where we are heading. We blew it and even the staunchest of fans are finding it difficult to watch. Our win against QPR was the first in 16 games. The fact that Wednesday are part of the super group of elite, financially sound clubs in the Championship just adds weight to the argument of why bother. Couple of seasons ago you were like us, ordinary and skint. That was then and this is now.

Merry Christmas
    We were ordinary and skint not so long ago but it didn't stop us supporting the team in numbers, especially away.

In 2003 we were almost as bad as you are this season, we had given up by Christmas and our manager, Turner, was shaping the side for the 3rd division. Unfortunately, the next season in the 3rd division was even worse.

I have been on the Leppings Lane upper and I grant you the catering facilities are up there with the worst you will find.
    The view however is very good unless you are behind one of the 2 poles and in the numbers that you travel in, finding a seat that is not behind a pole should not be too difficult. As bad as the facilities are, most away fans praise the view from our away end.
    Parking near the ground is a problem for home and away fans but it is not difficult to get to if you can walk a little and has plenty of public transport links, even for away fans.

I have also been to the NYS, 4 rows from the front and it was virtually impossible to gage how far out the ball was when a team was attacking at the other end of the pitch.

Crikey Pete...you pulling that reverse psychology stuff?

Rovrum squad as bad as it gets....ain't bringing much support...you'll be enduring crap facilities...you fear a maulln....super elite Wednesday etc...

We'd look pretty crap if you end up taking the points then

We fully anticipated you lot being up for it last year, but still couldn't cope with it. Plus we're failing to put away too many chances. I doubt many Owls will be thinking...easy 3 points.
    Nah....1-0 to Wednesday will do nicely...

I went to Fulham on Tuesday and we got absolutely destroyed second half.

Ignore the score we were miles behind Fulham.

If you don't beat us on Saturday you've got problems.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post

Good to hear from you Pete!

There’s obviously something wrong behind the scenes at RUFC and it makes you wonder what Tony Stewart’s plans are for the club - It wasn’t so long ago that he was talking about his ambition for Rotherham to make a push for the Premiership, but failing to persuade Warnock to carry on with the job was a big loss for you guys.

As you say, financial muscle in this league is absolutely ridiculous this season and it’s possibly the most competitive it has ever been.

Sometimes teams go down and come back stronger (e.g. Barnsley) and sometimes they go down and stay there for 6 years (e.g. Sheff U), so let’s hope you follow Barnsley’s blueprint eh?

We’ve not really got going yet but my aim this season was play-offs again. I think Brighton and Newcastle are way too strong and consistent to fall out of the top 2 now.

Enjoy the game Saturday (hopefully we can end the hoodoo!) and Merry Christmas to you too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)