+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parking at Pride Park

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Akinsane (who needs parking places when all the buses South of Notts pass over Trent bridge ) That's why. your match day parking includes Meadow lane Vic. Embankment County Hall Cattle market Lady bay sports ground Don't try and tell me about Notts I was born in Wollaton lived there to 21 years
    You forgot Trent Bridge Cricket Ground. Some motorists will never abandon their much more polluting, anti-social much slower form of transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne View Post
    You forgot Trent Bridge Cricket Ground. Some motorists will never abandon their much more polluting, anti-social much slower form of transport.
    I never thought I would find myself agreeing with Awkward but in this respect - the use of self-centred personal transport devices - I whole heartedly agree. Just such a shame that infrastructural investment has been sadly misdirected for over 50 years as the great god of my own internal combustion device is pandered to.

So you're telling me that a bus powered by a dirty diesel engine chucking out pollutants is less polluting and quicker than a Tesla. I know which one I'd choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    So you're telling me that a bus powered by a dirty diesel engine chucking out pollutants is less polluting and quicker than a Tesla. I know which one I'd choose.
    Our buses are now converting to electric. Also 1 bus = 60 Teslas blocking the road. Also what about those cars with dirty diesel engines which will soon be banned in all major cities perhaps with the exception of Derby.

Thankfully, I think we're fast heading towards a much cleaner period of public and private transport. Nottingham is changing to gas rather than electric on their buses with about a seventh being changed in the first year. Likewise, more and more motorists like myself, not a Tesla unfortunately, are changing to electric powered cars.

Unfortunately, public transport is unlikely ever to be convenient enough to suit most people's needs.

Normal combustion engine driven vehicles will stop being produced in the not too far distant future.

Our buses are now converting to electric. Also 1 bus = 60 Teslas blocking the road. Also what about those cars with dirty diesel engines which will soon be banned in all major cities perhaps with the exception of Derby.
    Incidentally, Derby is one of the six cities to be considering banning diesels. I don't know whether it's good to be on the list, does it mean that those cities listed, have got the worst pollution. Either way Derby, Nottingham and Birmingham, where I live, are on the list.

Incidentally, Derby is one of the six cities to be considering banning diesels. I don't know whether it's good to be on the list, does it mean that those cities listed, have got the worst pollution. Either way Derby, Nottingham and Birmingham, where I live, are on the list.
    It's not usually those cities with the worst pollution where the polluters get banned unless action is taken by central government. It is usually those cities who's local politicians and planners are more environmentally aware as is Nottingham. It is now forty years since Nottingham kicked off with it's zone and collar system which would have limited the amount of cars allowed to enter the city. Although this unfortunately did not kick off it did lead to other good things one of which was shelving of the plans for a Nottingham Inner Ring Road.

Thankfully, I think we're fast heading towards a much cleaner period of public and private transport. Nottingham is changing to gas rather than electric on their buses with about a seventh being changed in the first year. Likewise, more and more motorists like myself, not a Tesla unfortunately, are changing to electric powered cars.

Unfortunately, public transport is unlikely ever to be convenient enough to suit most people's needs.

Normal combustion engine driven vehicles will stop being produced in the not too far distant future.
    You're right about public transport...hope you're right about the rest too, but at the moment I see a second hand (65 plate with 9,000 miles) Tesla is selling for a fraction under £69,000. As long as alternatives to petrol and diesel are so outrageously expensive there will be no change. I drive a 65 plate 1.7 diesel which costs just £30 in annual car tax because it is allegedly 'clean' which was actually one of my motivations for choosing it. Now diesels are the villains again. How do we end the confusion and when will electric or hydrogen powered cars become affordable?

Our truce is over anag, how can you afford a top of the range, Range Rover diesel, that's more expensive than the Tesla?

No, new electric vehicles are being announced almost on a weekly basis. There's the Zoe, the leaf, the i3, etc, all at sensible prices, all coming down in price and improving range. Then there's plug in hybrid cars like mine which allow long journeys on petrol, but local committing on electric. As with all tech, prices will come down and abilities will increase.

Hydrogen powered vehicles will never be developed while the oil companies hold various patents for them, not in their interests is it, we'd all be driving them by now otherwise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)