+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Word Of The Day

Jon Moss did this at the Emirates !!

Absquatulate

VERB

Leave abruptly:

Quote Originally Posted by SERVERNOTRESPONDING View Post
    Jon Moss did this at the Emirates !!

Absquatulate

VERB

Leave abruptly:
    No wonder!

INTRAPRENEUR noun (in-truh-pruh-nur,-noo r, -nyoo r)

noun

(1) An employee of a large corporation who is given freedom and financial support to create new products, services, systems, etc., and does not have to follow the corporation's usual routines or protocols.

Quote:

Many companies- including global brands like IBM, eBay and Facebook- focus on developing an "intrapreneur" culture. An intrapreneur brings the creativity and drive often associated with startups to larger, established companies
    Wes Gay, "Why Big Companies Should Act Small to Engage Millennials, Forbes, November 14, 2016.

Prevaricate.

Not handy with only seven days left in the window...

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor's Chair View Post
    Prevaricate.

Not handy with only seven days left in the window...
    I think there will be a few on here with this if we don't buy anyone !!

Conniption

NOUN

A fit of rage or hysterics.

Quote Originally Posted by SERVERNOTRESPONDING View Post
    I think there will be a few on here with this if we don't buy anyone !!

Conniption

NOUN

A fit of rage or hysterics.
    There better be some new buys before the end of this window, no more lame excuses, they need to back the team.

SIMPATICO adjective (sim-pah-ti-koh)

adjective

(1) Congenial or like-minded; likable: I find our new neighbor simpatico in every respect.

Quote:
    When I got around to asking why she had bothered to track me down, she said it was because we were so simpatico.
    Amor Towles, Rules of Civility, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    There better be some new buys before the end of this window, no more lame excuses, they need to back the team.
    Bit unfair that one Alto, Garlick has chucked £10 million at Hull and £13 million at Norwich and still the games continue!

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor's Chair View Post
    Bit unfair that one Alto, Garlick has chucked £10 million at Hull and £13 million at Norwich and still the games continue!
    Sorry I don't agree with you TEC.

Garlick can (and its only gossip, rumour, paper Sh!te) chuck whatever he likes at Clubs for players, that is not the issue as Clubs will maybe accept that, the player has to accept our wage cap which is to a certain extent our downfall, as I've said it's possible if you do it right without betting the ranch.

Garlick and Co must see this but are unwilling to speculate to accumulate, do they think transfers/wage's are going down in the window after this one ? of course NOT, but that will be the same excuse when it comes you can bet your mortgage on it.

I'm shocked! Alto not agreeing with me. Now there's a first!

Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)