+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking Ahead

Looking Ahead

Let's remember we are only one game away from the Challenge Cup final. With a couple of additions , hopefully the team hitting a bit of consistency and a home tie then this will be no walkover for Dundee United. With Stephen Dobbie/ Derek Lyle playing then we always have a chance and hopefully United will have one eye on the title battle with Hibs .This would be the icing on the cake of one of , if not, the strangest rollercoaster of a season I can remember.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 23-12-2016 at 11:36 AM.

It certainly has been one big roller coaster ride this season going from the peaks of sitting pretty at the top of the league early on to the wheels well and truly coming off the Queens wagon. Whatever the reasons for this dramatic and unexpected transformation we may never find out but we have a new enthusiastic manager with an assistant of impeccable credentials helping him to re-invigorate the team. With some new players coming in shortly as well as some of the injuries clearing up the New Year does look much more encouraging than the last few months. Good times ahead I hope and think so lets all get behind the team and encourage this new start.

Yes indeed. The last two games have seen a bit of an improvement. I expected us to be outside of play-offs before the season started and we may end up there but god knows by what route. Great to see Dobbie back in form and the news about freshening up the squad is very welcome.
    TBH I can't see any further than hopefully getting a win in the league at the moment. We knew this month was big and with 2 points from 4 games so far, it still is!

Glad the semi - final v the Arabs is on the Saturday but never been a fan of the 5.15 kick - offs but television rules - Alba in this case

The new number 2 has actually gave up a full time job outside of football to take the Qos job. A very risky / brave / foolish move ( delete as you think) some might think but just shows how determined he is to make a go of this..
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 23-12-2016 at 06:34 PM.

We've no choice but to look ahead JRS

Our record over the last 3 months is absolutely disgraceful
    It's been any amazing 14 weeks & 12 league games since our last victory over Raith Rovers . That's us now gone exactly one third of our league season without a win
    Those are embarrassing statistics and I honestly can't see where & when our next 3 points will come from
    Bringing in new players in January is ***** but who's to say they'll settle in quick enough for them to make a difference

Bah humbug-Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    We've no choice but to look ahead JRS

Our record over the last 3 months is absolutely disgraceful
    It's been any amazing 14 weeks & 12 league games since our last victory over Raith Rovers . That's us now gone exactly one third of our league season without a win
    Those are embarrassing statistics and I honestly can't see where & when our next 3 points will come from
    Bringing in new players in January is ***** but who's to say they'll settle in quick enough for them to make a difference

Bah humbug-Merry Christmas
    We will beat Ayr mate and get the monkey off our backs .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    We will beat Ayr mate and get the monkey off our backs .
    How I wish! That game has just got bigger and bigger, especially after the last 3 failed home attempts at getting a win against our relegation rivals.
    Ayr scored 4 on Saturday in the draw v Dumbarton. Don't know if my fingernails have grown enough since the Pars game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam_o_Terregles View Post
    How I wish! That game has just got bigger and bigger, especially after the last 3 failed home attempts at getting a win against our relegation rivals.
    Ayr scored 4 on Saturday in the draw v Dumbarton. Don't know if my fingernails have grown enough since the Pars game.
    They lost 4 as well Tam. I think the ball will be flying in at both ends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)