+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barton on more betting changes

Barton on more betting changes

Quote Originally Posted by ed_Scottishfitba1 View Post

Quite rightly footballers or sportspeople in general should'nt be betting on their own sport.

Shouldn't we though not be having our sports teams,stadiums ,trophies and advertising boards promote gambling.

Gambling is the route of many of society's problems,footballers are not immune to racking up major gambling debts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydhoo View Post
    Quite rightly footballers or sportspeople in general should'nt be betting on their own sport.

Shouldn't we though not be having our sports teams,stadiums ,trophies and advertising boards promote gambling.

Gambling is the route of many of society's problems,footballers are not immune to racking up major gambling debts.

There does seem to be a large dollop of hypocrisy involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydhoo View Post

Why shouldn't a player that plays for Alloa not be allowed to bet on a game between Monaco and PSG ?
    It's an absolute nonsense rule.
    And of course gambling companies should be able to advertise and promote their business through teams, stadiums etc. They put a lot of money into sport.
    Why do we not just ban everything that can be a problem in soceity and live in a nanny state ?
    I'm an adult and have the right to chose to gamble, smoke, drink or even cross the road without using a crossing

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    Why shouldn't a player that plays for Alloa not be allowed to bet on a game between Monaco and PSG ?
    It's an absolute nonsense rule.
    And of course gambling companies should be able to advertise and promote their business through teams, stadiums etc. They put a lot of money into sport.
    Why do we not just ban everything that can be a problem in soceity and live in a nanny state ?
    I'm an adult and have the right to chose to gamble, smoke, drink or even cross the road without using a crossing
    Gambling is for erseholes.
    It should not be promoted in any form.
    It is worse than smoking and alcohol.
    It is for jakeys and no-marks and children should not be exposed to this vile practice.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Gambling is for erseholes.
    It should not be promoted in any form.
    It is worse than smoking and alcohol.
    It is for jakeys and no-marks and children should not be exposed to this vile practice.
    Gambling is not for erseholes Jack. That is some statement to make which I wholehearted disagree with.
    Millions of people enjoy a punt and the bookies can be a good place in the community.
    The fobts are a scurge on soceity and I think that something should be done about them. I believe the government are looking at them now but I doubt they will do much as they bring in millions.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)