+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 368 of 949 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468868 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 9485

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Cheers.
    Obviously I didn’t watch the game.
    Lost interest in the Scottish team when they moved to Sky and started playing a Dads Army of a team.
    You didn’t miss much. Absolutely dreadful defensive play from Scotland who think their main strengths are in defence?!
    Gordon..poor
    Thierny..poor
    Mulgrew.. how on earth is he still capped!
    Souttar..best of a bad bunch but still relatively poor.

We started off with a supposedly 3-5-2 formation that as quick as a flash turned into a 5-4-1. Ryan Fraser playing a right back defensive roll was astounding and all that is wrong with Scottish football. McDonald in the middle of the park is an absolute donkey and I presume was only picked because of his height defending set plays.

We have to adopt a different approach away from the defensive structure that is deeply ingrained in our whole football structure and realise we don’t win matches playing in our own half.
    Football in this country is f@cked with this approach and is killing the appetite of trying to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Is it a law to support your country?

I never have in my 34 years.

There is of course a huge difference in not supporting your country and revelling in them getting beat.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Not heard from you in a while lad, hope all is well.
    I do want Scotland to win meaningful matches but friendly matches are a load of rubbish and another way of fleecing the fans.
    Please admit you must have enjoyed seeing Ryan Jack getting shown for the player he is?
    I am well loon. Jack should be nowhere near an international team. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to play arguably the best team in the world just before a semi competitive game with Albania when we have a young developing team needs their head's looked at. Sfa retards !

Bill Leckie covered the match in the sun today. He made a rather interesting point about how there would be an outcry if it was announced the national side were parting company with hampden, social media would go in to meltdown etc etc..... But he questioned where these people were last night. Makes you wonder I suppose, I don't know where the negative feeling for the Scottish game has come from, over the last few years especially.

He did, however, fail to mention that fans were having to shell out 35 for the privilege. Football fans get fleeced all year round. Maybe looking at ticket prices for international friendlies would be a good place to start.

I am presuming that friendlies count towards a team's rankings. When we haven't qualified for anything and it's crucial we get as easy a qualifying group as we can playing against Peru and Mexico away with not even a half strength team was utterly pathetic. The game has always been and is continuing to be run by inadequates.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Bill Leckie covered the match in the sun today. He made a rather interesting point about how there would be an outcry if it was announced the national side were parting company with hampden, social media would go in to meltdown etc etc..... But he questioned where these people were last night. Makes you wonder I suppose, I don't know where the negative feeling for the Scottish game has come from, over the last few years especially.

He did, however, fail to mention that fans were having to shell out 35 for the privilege. Football fans get fleeced all year round. Maybe looking at ticket prices for international friendlies would be a good place to start.
    Read that article, usually like what Leckie has to say but he totally misses the point with the lack of attendance last night. Pick any of the following for why I didn't attend

35 quid for a training game (fcuk the SFA)
    Friday night just to suit tv (fcuk UEFA) so wouldn't be home until 1am - don't see why friendlies can't be played Sat 3pm
    SFA are corrupt bar stewards - plenty of evidence over last few weeks
    Scotland always likely to get a doing
    Whilst Belgium are no 2 in the world still doesn't have the same feel as a glamour friendly against say Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I am presuming that friendlies count towards a team's rankings. When we haven't qualified for anything and it's crucial we get as easy a qualifying group as we can playing against Peru and Mexico away with not even a half strength team was utterly pathetic. The game has always been and is continuing to be run by inadequates.
    Agree with your last sentence and whilst friendlies do count towards world ranking (for what that's worth), all of the group draws for qualifying always based on recent qualification performances so last night is neither here nor there as far as future groups go. What bothers me is that playing a team that was always likely to hand out a doing three days before a competitive match is plain stupid from a confidence point of view and will have zero bearing on the calibre and style of team we play on Monday, which brings it back to your last sentence again

I would’ve thought the reason Belgium were picked, was because the SFA thought they could fill Hampden at £35 a head.

Yet more proof that they don’t know what they’re doing

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    *******s. Shinnie and McKenna don't play for the Dallas Cowboys.
    They would never play for that shower of t0ssers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I would’ve thought the reason Belgium were picked, was because the SFA thought they could fill Hampden at £35 a head.

Yet more proof that they don’t know what they’re doing
    Agreed. You would have thought that when we couldn't sell out for an England friendly not long ago, they might have learnt. Times have changed, people have much better things to do with their money and time than go watch a training ground kickabout

Page 368 of 949 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468868 ... LastLast