+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 392 of 949 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492892 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 9485

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

The Dutch invasion began last night. Good start. Game 1 of 3

Cambuur 0 v 1 Roda JC

Good fitba played by both teams. All on the deck. Good on the eye. Plastic pitch too which was actually a very good surface. Some decent players on show. Heads up Derek the Roda left back is a player and a half and seemed to really give a f@ck. Very committed player. Swap deal for Considine?

Had a blether with some locals prior to the game in the Cambuur Cafe supporters bar. The Dutch really a fine bunch. Maybe why i keep coming back. They couldnt believe i had flown from Shcotand to watch Leuwaardens finest yellow machine. (their words).

Roda fans are a noisy bunch. My only grievance is i couldnt see them as i was at the opposite end of the same stand.

Also to be noted. Leuwaarden is a hidden gem. Lovely city. Its actually the current European city of culture.

En rote to Rotterdam now

Always enjoy the reports of your travels Pac. Surprised you didn't mention the Jimmy Calderwood connection, he was assistant manager at Cambuur and played for Roda.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Always enjoy the reports of your travels Pac. Surprised you didn't mention the Jimmy Calderwood connection, he was assistant manager at Cambuur and played for Roda.
    I was saving it or when i go to Go Ahead Eagles in Jan

He got links with Excelsior or VVV?

Jutes getting humped 5-1 at hame by Dingwall County.

Old Highland League prejudices don’t normally allow me to take any joy from such a score, but occasionally I may make an exception.

Name:  DSC_2410.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  77.5 KB

Excelsior 1-0 VVV Venlo

Rotterdams equivalent of Partick Thistle. Two bigger more sucessful clubs kicking about(Sparta not so much now but in the day)

It was supposed to. Be Heerenveen v ADO Den Haag untill i realised Heerenveen to Alkmaar on a sunday for a 1pm ko is not doable. So a quick look at the bible(soccerway. com) amd i had to break my own rule of not visiting the same city was broken. (been to Rotterdam for Feyenoord before). Fortuna Sittard were at home to Ajax but wasnt sure of a chance of a ticket. Rotterdam it was

Another good game. The Excelsior goal was a thing of beauty by a very tidy player in Elias Mar Ommarson. Half way line he got the ball and just went on a jungle run and finished with style. Superb goal.

Again there were no long hopeful punts. Everything on the deck. Its not the best league in the world but its not bad on the eye.

Also loved the walk on music. Neil Diamonds Sweet Caroline but adapted to "Excelsior, oh oh oh"

Also, the place smelled like joints from start to finish. Ill fail my next drug test i reckon.

Two 1-0s so far but two good eens

One grievance. I had to resort to a bar scarf. Nae a fan. But its better than no scarf i suppose

Alkmaar awaits tomorrow
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 29-09-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Livvi v hunz. Watch Livvi at least get a goal today, show us the way to scoring against the tims and hunz. They might not win but I’m sure they will be toe to toe wi the Hun fckpigs.

https://www.foxsports.nl/video/29636...or-vvv-venlo/#

Found it. Ómarssons cracker from last night. He ran further than i thought. Yaaaas min

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    https://www.foxsports.nl/video/29636...or-vvv-venlo/#

Found it. Ómarssons cracker from last night. He ran further than i thought. Yaaaas min
    Like a long-haired Sam Cosgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Like a long-haired Sam Cosgrove.
    The boy was very tidy on the ball. Good player

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The boy was very tidy on the ball. Good player
    I think Holland, the Scandinavian countries and elsewhere in Europe are markets are places we should be looking to pick up younger players in the lower reaches.

Some shrewd scouts could make hay there.

Page 392 of 949 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492892 ... LastLast