+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 471 of 952 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 9517

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Agree with that, dont know about a new groundsman but the playing surface and pitch in general is looking really good and in ace condition.
    But that could well be because of the amount of sh1te that is on it week after week after week, with Saturday's helping of sh1te and rain being a brucey bonus for the playing surface.

SF
    I know we were looking for a new groundsman a few months back.....it is a crucial position, much like a greenkeeper to golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I know we were looking for a new groundsman a few months back.....it is a crucial position, much like a greenkeeper to golf.
    I'm nae much of a gerdener manny masel JJ but with my limited amount of knowledge around growing gress and keeping it green then i believe it needs fertilizer and i don't think there is many a better fertilizer than pure sh1te and god alone knows there has been plenty of pure sh1te in abundance this season gracing the pittodrie turf week in week out, so I guess that's going someway to keeping the grass and playing surface in as good nick as it currently is.

That and a decent groundsman and staff so it's a win win situation all round

As for the greenkeeper in golf I normally prefer a fast green masel but fk the greens over here anoo are like putting on snooker tables with a coating of black ice on top of them

SF

Good drainage is the most important factor in keeping grass in good condition. I think we still get Souters to top dress it every summer, probably after a good coring. Ooooh missus etc. Spreading ****e will only smother the new growth, and inhibit nitrogen uptake.

Of course, reliance on undersoil heating apparently ****s the root system, and encourages grassroot-loving bugs to survive the killer frosts and feed on the bits that Mckenna hisna compacted flat with his size 18 tackets.

I think the sunlight simulation lighting rigs they shine ower the goalmouths help maintain a decent surface in the six yard box, but are terrible for the environment.

Real fitba didnae need undersoil heating

Proper Mannies' fitba pitches.

Frosty?

Adidas Sambas and lang breeks for Bobby Clark.

Weet?
    Langer studs and flannel gloves for Bobby Clark.

Sna?
    Clear i' lines and get the broon T panel oot.

Modern, namby-pamby p1sh.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  8.0 KB

I remember seeing this picture of Ralph Coates in a book

Classic

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Proper Mannies' fitba pitches.

Frosty?

Adidas Sambas and lang breeks for Bobby Clark.

Weet?
    Langer studs and flannel gloves for Bobby Clark.

Sna?
    Clear i' lines and get the broon T panel oot.

Modern, namby-pamby p1sh.
    Indeed Sneckers, in a nutshell when I played(tried to!),however, to be fair, the consumer pays a lot of money nowadays to cheer on their cub and at least deserve to see their team play on a decent surface.

SF

Just charge the consumer less.

Stupid transfer money means insurance risks, and there's your main problem.

The " consumer " would rather watch 22 blokes kicking f'uck out of each other in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Real fitba didnae need undersoil heating

Pity we didn’t use our fantastic playing surface at Pittodrie for free flowing attacking football...we probably would be more suited to the above pitch as we generally lump the ball anyway. A good footballing side we are not. I blame the manager as he wants us to play the boring turgid way that we have this season.

Dundee 0-QOS 2

Edit: Made an arse of it QOS at home.
    Last edited by redscot; 29-01-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Page 471 of 952 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast