+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 785 of 952 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835885 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 9517

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Ach this is an old argument
    To avoid the next 5000 posts I’ll argue the case that you should be born in the country you play for only to concede that the fathers nationality can count.

The Mothers nationality can count for girls.

I didn’t actually mean my nephew
    I can’t remember where he was born
    I meant my brother was s’hite which is no surprise really as he went to Gordons and was s’hite at rugby instead.

Edit: What about the other one?
    He was born in Leicester and he’s even more s’hite.

I’m sure Lyndon Dykes’s folks are proud of him

Even if he is s’hite
    Last edited by donsdaft; 11-10-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Anyway
    You’re welcome back full time, only don’t call me balanced

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Anyway
    You’re welcome back full time, only don’t call me balanced
    Haha, fair enough you grumpy old s***e

Oh, I don't know, I think if your folks are both Scottish, and they raise you Scottish, then you are Scottish regardless of where you are born. If I was born in England to Scottish folks, I'm f***d if I would play for the guffies. But country of birth counts - born in Scotland to guffy parents as long as you hold no allegiance to guffies and have grown up Scottish despite your questionable parentage (I have to admit this is me - born, bred and raised in Dyce - and if I had been any good I would never, ever have entertained the idea of playing for England!)

The other guy I had to go and look up as, other than being really really s**te, I knew nothing about him. He can get the f**k away from a Scotland squad (group). One Scottish grunnie. You shouldn't qualify on (any number) of grandparents. Scottish parents raising you Scottish, or born in Scotland and grown up Scottish with no other allegiance. That's it for me.

That's my bit on this, others may differ so no more from me on the matter!

If Kevin de Bruyne had a Scottish grunnie I may well change my mind but otherwise we agree.

Bloody hell! a Dyce-er

My folks moved to Dyce in 1969 but I was back in the toon by 1977
    The highlight of my t'eenage years was sitting at the Carnegie Hall door and skiving from Bunkheed Academy.
    My sister was born in 1970 though and went to school there, a Dyce-er through and through.

Edit: T'een is still censored
    Last edited by donsdaft; 11-10-2021 at 09:47 AM.

I’ll argue the case that you should be born in the country you play for only to concede that the fathers nationality can count.
    Nah, nah, nah min .... ye canna choose fit country yer born in .... nor can ye choose the nationality o' yer parents.... but ye can choose the country ye regard as yer hame, and the folk ye regard a yer ain. Ah think that's way mair important - it's a considered commitment. Fan ye pull that shirt ower yer heid, it should the one, and the only one ye ever want tae be seen wearin - regardless o' far ye were born, and regardless o' far yer folks were born.

Dinna get me wrang, play for fitivver country ye like as a bairn, but mak yer mind up fan yer over 18 an' stick wi it or **** off!

Those vegan sausages are warping your mind min.

Can we agree though, that being English, feeling English and having never even been in Scotland, despite you're grunnie being born there before her folks moved to England when she was six months old doesn't qualify you to play for Scotland, even if you are s'hite.

The highlight of my t'eenage years was sitting at the Carnegie Hall door
    Was ye waitin' tae jine the masonic lodge? ... Ah gather the Carnegie wis their meetin place.

Ah played a gig there in 1981 .... Ah reckon Ah might still hae the scars on ma lips fae gettin shocks aff the microphone ... the electric system wis ****in lethal! ..... if ever there wiz a 'show must go on' moment, that was it!

Can we agree though, that being English, feeling English and having never even been in Scotland, despite you're grunnie being born there before her folks moved to England when she was six months old doesn't qualify you to play for Scotland, even if you are s'hite.
    Aye, fairly 'at like .... if you hae a strong connection wi a country, havin actually lived there enough tae regard it as 'your' home country, that should be enough ....

... like if yer born wi a cock, it disna mean ye canna live yer life as a wifie ... a ha ha ha ha ha ha

I dinna think the mason b’astards used the hall, I never saw any and as it was the coolest place to hing aboot in Dyce, I was there a lot.
    Nae wonder I started drinking in pubs when I was 15

Page 785 of 952 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835885 ... LastLast