+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 946 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194594 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Huddersfield town get how much money. I cant wait for
    guffball to implode

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    guffball to implode
    Just financial doping by another name-they are all at it down there! Another sad indictment of guff hoofball.

Quote Originally Posted by gruppenfuhrer View Post
    brighton.

Correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    guffball to implode
    According to Sky Sports :

Promotion to the Premier League will see an uplift in revenue of at least £170m, rising to more than £290m if they survive their first season in the Premier League.

Huddersfield, along with already-promoted Brighton and Hove Albion, can expect a revenue increase of at least £170m across the next three seasons.

This is a combination of extra revenue they will earn from playing in the Premier League in 2017/18 (at least an extra £95m, mostly from central distributions) and parachute payments in 2018/19 and 2019/20 should they be relegated after one season (totalling an estimated £75m across two seasons).

Huddersfield and Brighton, could see this figure rise to at least £290m if either club survives its first season in the Premier League.

Mental... f*cking mental!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    According to Sky Sports :

Promotion to the Premier League will see an uplift in revenue of at least £170m, rising to more than £290m if they survive their first season in the Premier League.

Huddersfield, along with already-promoted Brighton and Hove Albion, can expect a revenue increase of at least £170m across the next three seasons.

This is a combination of extra revenue they will earn from playing in the Premier League in 2017/18 (at least an extra £95m, mostly from central distributions) and parachute payments in 2018/19 and 2019/20 should they be relegated after one season (totalling an estimated £75m across two seasons).

Huddersfield and Brighton, could see this figure rise to at least £290m if either club survives its first season in the Premier League.

Mental... f*cking mental!
    F*ck me
    Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield, Watford, Brighton.
    That's some amount of sh1te in the top league.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    F*ck me
    One season in the top flight sets these clubs up for life financially. Is it any wonder teams here cant compete with the wages down there. Diddy clubs who will have more money in 1-2 seasons than AFC will make in my lifetime.

F*ck me
    A lot of big clubs have got stuck in the lower leagues, like Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest, Coventry. There seems to be a trend that if clubs don't get promoted back to the EPL quickly, they can be out for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    One season in the top flight sets these clubs up for life financially. Is it any wonder teams here cant compete with the wages down there. Diddy clubs who will have more money in 1-2 seasons than AFC will make in my lifetime.
    Nah, just look at the clubs that get into financial trouble when they go down (Portsmouth the best example, but Leeds also). The riches of the Premier League are far too enticing for chairmen, that they encourage managers to spend and buy players on higher wages than they can afford just to stay in the league.

There are exceptions to this, Burnley being the obvious one, although they still pay out a fair whack on wages to their best players.

The Championship is cut-throat to get into the top league, and then there is a battle to avoid finishing in the bottom three with managers getting binned left, right and centre when teams look like they are in trouble of being relegated.

F*ck me
    and Swansea i hate them wanted them to go down and down again

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    A lot of big clubs have got stuck in the lower leagues, like Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest, Coventry. There seems to be a trend that if clubs don't get promoted back to the EPL quickly, they can be out for ages.
    Ipswich

Page 94 of 946 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194594 ... LastLast