+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 379 of 949 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479879 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 9481

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I agree with you in regards to Clarke being our next manager,the problem is he still sings from the same hymn sheet as McInnes in 2 defensive midfielders and 1 striker up front.

I will give you the fact that Lennon is more attack minded but there would be plenty of folk moaning on here if he was signing the likes of Ambrose and Bogdan and we were conceding goals for fun.
    No manager is without his flaws I suppose but I absolutely hate the 1 man up top and 2 sitting midfielders in Scottish football. We are turning into a nation that celebrates a clean sheet more than a win.
    Football is about the enjoyment of scoring goals and winning...take note McInnes ya boring b@stard and ram your 2 sitting midfielders up your @rse!

Forgot to add Rico...we are playing St.Johnstone tommorow so he might change tactics and go with 3 sitting midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    No manager is without his flaws I suppose but I absolutely hate the 1 man up top and 2 sitting midfielders in Scottish football. We are turning into a nation that celebrates a clean sheet more than a win.
    Football is about the enjoyment of scoring goals and winning...take note McInnes ya boring b@stard and ram your 2 sitting midfielders up your @rse!

Forgot to add Rico...we are playing St.Johnstone tommorow so he might change tactics and go with 3 sitting midfielders.
    It isn’t just Scottish football that plays that system though, it’s been going on for years thanks to the Mourinho’s in football successfully countering the 4-4-2 with that formation.

You have the likes of Pep and Klopp being more attacking down there now and hope that Scottish managers follow the trend but I can’t see many at the moment doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It isn’t just Scottish football that plays that system though, it’s been going on for years thanks to the Mourinho’s in football successfully countering the 4-4-2 with that formation.

You have the likes of Pep and Klopp being more attacking down there now and hope that Scottish managers follow the trend but I can’t see many at the moment doing that.
    I agree and no chance when you have the likes of Craig Brown being the godfather of SFA coaching. That idiot had every man and his dog back defending corners and still lost goals but wouldn’t (or more probable couldn’t) change his approach. He personally has a lot to blame for with what we see in a lot of the modern coaches now. Maybe too much sauce from loving cup celebrating down the years?!

Craig Levein wouldn’t have had Celtic pumping us 9-zip. McGhee was an embarrassment as manager from the very first minute he accepted the job.
    Correct. Levein's team would have been set up in a 4-6-0 formation so would never have lost 9-0. We would still have lost though. However, I'm sure as hell that in his post match interview he wouldn't have said "you know, it's only three points, you know...."

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Correct. Levein's team would have been set up in a 4-6-0 formation so would never have lost 9-0. We would still have lost though. However, I'm sure as hell that in his post match interview he wouldn't have said "you know, it's only three points, you know...."
    I thought McGhee was a worst manager than Steve Paterson and that really wasn’t a good time.

a number of ex dons on the scoresheet today. Oh, and the minker Kenny Miller just been sent off at Iprix on debut!

Hearts go 5 points clear but the pundits and media will still cream themselves over the Glasgow scum.

Gary Holt has had a fantastic start as Livingston boss.

Gary Holt has had a fantastic start as Livingston boss.
    I thought he was the guitarist in Exodus and Slayer

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene.
    Where was “that” Greg Stewart last season?
    On that form he’d be the no10 we’re crying out for. .

Page 379 of 949 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479879 ... LastLast