+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 381 of 949 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481881 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 9481

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    That's the thing, Stewart was never suited to wide if the three, he never had that first yard.
    To me he always looked like an inside forward type, maybe cutting in off the front in a 4 3 3 or off a 9 in a 4 4 2 with one of the wide men pushing outside him.

He could've maybe played as the 10, but I'm nae sure.

That's Del's major fault for me, sticking square pegs in round holes in his preferred system, witness him shoe horning McLean and Madison/Christie into the same line up.
    Correct. Inside left or right. Clever footballer, thats where he played at Dundee with licence to roam, one of the best players in the league then.

That's the thing, Stewart was never suited to wide if the three, he never had that first yard.
    To me he always looked like an inside forward type, maybe cutting in off the front in a 4 3 3 or off a 9 in a 4 4 2 with one of the wide men pushing outside him.

He could've maybe played as the 10, but I'm nae sure.

That's Del's major fault for me, sticking square pegs in round holes in his preferred system, witness him shoe horning McLean and Madison/Christie into the same line up.
    I agree that he was never used in his preferred position and there's no doubt DM has a formation and style and everyone needs to fit into it regardless of ability/style...you just have to look at Zola/Stockley/Cosgrove.

Doesn't take away from Stewart looking unfit though. DM can't shoulder all the blame with that.

Shankland didn't get a fair crack at the whip but these things happen. Unfortunately it's happening with Anderson three seasons later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree that he was never used in his preferred position and there's no doubt DM has a formation and style and everyone needs to fit into it regardless of ability/style...you just have to look at Zola/Stockley/Cosgrove.

Doesn't take away from Stewart looking unfit though. DM can't shoulder all the blame with that.

Shankland didn't get a fair crack at the whip but these things happen. Unfortunately it's happening with Anderson three seasons later.
    It’s hard to tell because I haven’t seen him play for Kilmarnock but is he any fitter this season than he was with us?

I can’t recall him being super fit at Dundee either, I think if McInnes actually played him in his preferred position he would have been a good player for us.

As has been said already Stewart like many others are shoe horned into his system instead of playing a system that suits the players he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    .......against other semi-pros
    But got alot fitter than he was when at a pro club

Id have him and Dobbie signed nae hass
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 17-09-2018 at 05:29 PM.

I think Stewart is one of these blokes that just looks a bit "meaty" ( though he probably has 8% body fat) and has a languid running style.
    Shankland never looked fit enough and I think bin man McCall acknowledged as much in an interview when he spoke about how he knuckled under and trained as a fitness instructor and came on a ton.

I still think Shankland's found his level though, but I'd be happy enough if he proved me wrong.

I think Stewart is one of these blokes that just looks a bit "meaty" ( though he probably has 8% body fat) and has a languid running style.
    Shankland never looked fit enough and I think bin man McCall acknowledged as much in an interview when he spoke about how he knuckled under and trained as a fitness instructor and came on a ton.

I still think Shankland's found his level though, but I'd be happy enough if he proved me wrong.
    Shankland or Cosgrove?

Well I meant Shankland but I'd be delighted if Cosgrove proved to be a stellar line leader for us.

Well I meant Shankland but I'd be delighted if Cosgrove proved to be a stellar line leader for us.
    I still hope he will, I don't disagree with having someone that can win the ball in the air. Preferably not having Mcinnes running out of ideas and playing pish long ball.

I feel sorry for Cosgrove now. He looks quite sad. He also has this Aryan look about him, likes he's served on the Eastern Front.

Not that I feel sorry for anyone that's served in the SS. Just so that's clear.

I was meaning who at this point in time would you rather have?

I had to laugh at Steven Thompson on Sportscene. "Cosgrove will be dissapointed he hasnt scored as many as he would have liked". Aye any

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was meaning who at this point in time would you rather have?

I had to laugh at Steven Thompson on Sportscene. "Cosgrove will be dissapointed he hasnt scored as many as he would have liked". Aye any
    If we're playing a lone striker I dinna know that either is ideal......and I hinna seen the new improved Shankland yet in the flesh so canna comment.

Page 381 of 949 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481881 ... LastLast