+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 596 of 949 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606646696 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 9482

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hamilton Accies rhymes with people from Pakistans derogatory name
    Ahh. Apologises for my slowness. I've been down south for a long time. That one never seemed to catch on in London

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Okay thanks.

Translated if a bit obscure.

Now what about sweaty?
    Still debating on a banter forum??

Harry wraggs
    Teddy bears
    Timalloys
    Jam tarts
    Hamilton’s
    If any dandy takes offence at myself calling the corner shop ive always used in Barrhead, the Hamilton’s, so be it, genuinely don’t give a f uck, the owners are decent sorts and my parents have always shopped there......thankfully got scope to get tickets for the Ashes.......that’s the Guffs V the Aussies ........is that incorrect also in the snowflake world?

Anywa.......oops, regardless

SF

F'uckin Weegie

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Still debating on a banter forum??
    Racism isn't banter

Racism is extremely subjective.
    One person's banter is another person's disgust.
    I don't condone racism whatsoever, however its interesting to see who defines what as racism.

I take it this conversation is surrounding the use of rhyming slang to refer to a corner shop owner as a Paki.
    Whilst I understand the historical derogatory usage of this term, is it not also simply a shortening of the person's country of origin, like we are all Scots? Do we take offence at that?

Is calling an Englishman a guffie racist?
    Is calling a Welshman Taff's or Gogs racist?
    Is calling Rangers supporters Huns racist?
    Is calling Dundee Utd fans PJM's racist?

In the modern world, it's probably wise to stay politically correct on terminology and we shouldn't be calling someone a Paki given its historical context, could it however just be a descriptive term rather than a racial term? Still, it is probably safer to chose alternative descriptive terms for the local convenience store than the Paki's or Hamilton Accies as the rhyming term.

I heard a comedienne the other day refer to David Dimbleby's on Question times reluctance to use easy descriptive terms when selecting an audience member to which she gestured to help him out by saying, "the man with the Turban David, the man with the Turban".

What is the world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by IveSeenTheLight View Post
    Racism is extremely subjective.
    One person's banter is another person's disgust.
    I don't condone racism whatsoever, however its interesting to see who defines what as racism.

I take it this conversation is surrounding the use of rhyming slang to refer to a corner shop owner as a Paki.
    Whilst I understand the historical derogatory usage of this term, is it not also simply a shortening of the person's country of origin, like we are all Scots? Do we take offence at that?

Is calling an Englishman a guffie racist?
    Is calling a Welshman Taff's or Gogs racist?
    Is calling Rangers supporters Huns racist?
    Is calling Dundee Utd fans PJM's racist?

In the modern world, it's probably wise to stay politically correct on terminology and we shouldn't be calling someone a Paki given its historical context, could it however just be a descriptive term rather than a racial term? Still, it is probably safer to chose alternative descriptive terms for the local convenience store than the Paki's or Hamilton Accies as the rhyming term.

I heard a comedienne the other day refer to David Dimbleby's on Question times reluctance to use easy descriptive terms when selecting an audience member to which she gestured to help him out by saying, "the man with the Turban David, the man with the Turban".

What is the world coming to?
    Some cringeworthy stuff on this thread, but this takes the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by IveSeenTheLight View Post
    is it not also simply a shortening of the person's country of origin, like we are all Scots? Do we take offence at that?
    The whole post was probably the worst thing I’ve ever read in 20 years on here but that part really takes the f*cking biscuit. Try using that defence in front of a judge, let me know how you get on

What the hell is the ' being used for in all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Racism isn't banter
    I’m not racist though, I’m just a gluesniffing,alkie,senile weedgie tw@t that supports our club and disagrees with “some” on here now and again.

Enjoy your day, I certainly am although the golf could/should have been a bit better earlier on.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I’m not racist though, I’m just a gluesniffing,alkie,senile weedgie tw@t that supports our club and disagrees with “some” on here now and again.

Enjoy your day, I certainly am although the golf could/should have been a bit better earlier on.

SF
    You didn’t get beat again Jj? The racist calling having an adverse affect on your golf?

Page 596 of 949 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606646696 ... LastLast