+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 144 of 949 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 9481

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Great post sneckie! I'm sure I've read somewhere that CEOs, top sports stars etc.. show some of the common traits as a psychopath..

Yeah Jamie, Forrest playing in any other SPFL side wouldn't get near the national side!

Strachan definitely hates Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The issue of McGhee, Strachan and McLeish are complicated.....and, in my opinion, very different.

McGhee, by all accounts, was a bit of a knob back in the day when he played for us.
    Heard that from a few sources, including a neighbour of his.
    That's OK, people who make it right up there in sport are often not the best balanced people and are usually too single minded to be .....nice.
    He is possessed of a level of (misguided) self belief as a manager that strays well into arrogance (the "Wikipedia" comment being a great example).
    Another fine display of this was the comments about raselickbyrawaybutbigman when he became manager here.
    It smacked of "they're lucky to have me here...... and they know it, so I can be honest in my opinions of this job and the selick job, they'll understand and appreciate my honesty".
    Self-aware much?

Strachan is driven and, I think, tends to live in the moment in an emotional sense.
    It doesn't strike me that he has any emotional attachment to any of his past clubs. I read an interview with him a while ago when he said that he didn't feel any emotional pull to Hibs, his boyhood club, any more.
    Again, possessed of huge levels of self belief, but I've heard tales, albeit second hand, that he is a decent bloke away from the white heat of fitba.
    His time at AFC was a job to him, at job at which he never gave a midgie's ba hair less than his all.
    I think you could say that about every one of his fitba jobs.
    I dinna think you can say he hates or dislikes Aberdeen, he's just completely indifferent to us.....as he probably is to Dundee, Man Utd, Leeds, Coventry, Southampton, Celtic....etc.etc.
    He has certain ideas about the standards of Scottish football and players who ply their trade in Scotland, and picks raselick players cos of their European Cup involvement.

McLeish is the one that tears me up most. The ambition is the common factor among the three, but him going to deadco hurt me bad.
    Boyhood r*****s fan? Well, he moved to us at 15 and stayed his whole playing career here (virtually) so he was a Dandy longer than he was a h*n.
    He saw that shower from our side, saw the media treatment of them (and us) from our side, read what The Sun said about him and Willie in the aftermath of Durrant..........yet he still went there.
    I also genuinely believed he DID have an emotional bond with the Dons beyond it being a job.
    Mebbe he did/does, I dunno, but ambition ruled again.

I think the thing about Fergie was that he surrounded himself with men as driven and single minded as he was.
    This is why he has fallen out with so many of his most trusted men down the years.
    People that driven, that focussed are seldom nice folk........capable of loyalty and selflessness.

Idols having feet of clay, t'was ever thus.

So let's treasure Willie Miller, Russell Anderson, Brian Irvine.....even the much maligned Andy Considine, hopefully Graeme Shinnie a decade from now, and the others like them.

Good guys for whom we were enough......more than enough.

Good post sneckie

Agree with the views on McGhee and Strachan. McGhee had a clusterf*ck of a spell as Dons manager, no doubt about it. He's a Celtic fan. Big deal. He's still one of OUR Gothenburg XI

Strachan doesnt hold a grudge against us. He's trying to win games. We have had players with the odd purple patch, but generally a Championship player is a safer bet. The league is superior to ours by a distance. If your own job was on the line - you play safe.

McLeish has a lot of time for Aberdeen. He managed Rangers; if my job was a football manager and I was offered to quadruple my money by moving to my boyhood team - why the f*ck wouldnt I? Because some guys on Aberdeen-mad wont like it Do me a favour.

My point is, all of our Greats deserve respect, even after McGhee's tenure - he is still a club Great. The guys using the c-word to describe them need to watch a Gothenburg DVD and remember exactly what those guys did for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Good post sneckie

Agree with the views on McGhee and Strachan. McGhee had a clusterf*ck of a spell as Dons manager, no doubt about it. He's a Celtic fan. Big deal. He's still one of OUR Gothenburg XI

Strachan doesnt hold a grudge against us. He's trying to win games. We have had players with the odd purple patch, but generally a Championship player is a safer bet. The league is superior to ours by a distance. If your own job was on the line - you play safe.

McLeish has a lot of time for Aberdeen. He managed Rangers; if my job was a football manager and I was offered to quadruple my money by moving to my boyhood team - why the f*ck wouldnt I? Because some guys on Aberdeen-mad wont like it Do me a favour.

My point is, all of our Greats deserve respect, even after McGhee's tenure - he is still a club Great. The guys using the c-word to describe them need to watch a Gothenburg DVD and remember exactly what those guys did for our club.
    Ive watched that game quite a few times and saw it live back in the day. They are greats as players but no fkn danger do I think they were great after going into the positions now. gs continued to pick the same players even tho they were losing game after game! Why not give new blood a chance? There are good players in the spfl who should of got there chance at least. Now we have beaten a poor Lithuania and Malta it's all gs and mcgoo are the best thing since sliced breed ken?

Celtic cruising 0-3 at half time.

Scott Brown has a sly kick towards a Hamilton player on the ground. Needless to say it went unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Celtic cruising 0-3 at half time.

Scott Brown has a sly kick towards a Hamilton player on the ground. Needless to say it went unnoticed.
    After the event the lad that got booted had his arm round the thug saying nae bother n things!! Ah cnt doon there is feart of the lego munchin cnt...

So If Jonny Hayes left us for big European Nights at Smeltic Park
    Nae even made the 18 tonight v PSG

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    So If Jonny Hayes left us for big European Nights at Smeltic Park
    Nae even made the 18 tonight v PSG
    Good. Horrible wee c@nt

They hate not getting decisions which are given every Saturday in the league. fall in a heap for nothing, play on....10 secs later goal doon. So unfair playing a team with multiples of resources!

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    They hate not getting decisions which are given every Saturday in the league. fall in a heap for nothing, play on....10 secs later goal doon. So unfair playing a team with multiples of resources!
    The "gulf in finances" line will be used to death in the rags tommorow.

Welcome to our world you horrible f@cks

Page 144 of 949 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244644 ... LastLast