+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 859 of 949 FirstFirst ... 359759809849857858859860861869909 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,590 of 9485

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

McEwens Export it was, although asked for as " a pint of hivey"

I was always a lager man, although I remember it initially being aimed at the female market with those half pint schooner glasses.

But don't worry Mason min, by my time the cans had scantily clad girlies on them.

I knew someone who married one of those girls.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

I was always a lager man, although I remember it initially being aimed at the female market with those half pint schooner glasses.

But don't worry Mason min, by my time the cans had scantily clad girlies on them.

Was it June? Was never a lager drinker but always thought June had the look of Dana about her.

As for B&T was a little sickly but decanted into a Scotch Cola bottle was fairly convincing trying to get into a yoof event.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Still like a pint of hivey. Not so many pubs sell it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Still like a pint of hivey. Not so many pubs sell it now though.
    80 shilling ale now, eh ?

It was always hard getting a decent pint of McEwans , back in the day. What were the others ? Guards Heavy, Tartan Special , ........??

Have to say I cringe seeing John Smith's Bitter being sold in Scotland now !!

A black & tan was a pleasure. Export and Sweetheart Stout. Those of us used to this went on to a black & tan made from Export and Guiness. Equally good.

If I recall correctly there was a option for lager drinkers called a snakebite, lager and blackcurrent. How could they?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    A black & tan was a pleasure. Export and Sweetheart Stout. Those of us used to this went on to a black & tan made from Export and Guiness. Equally good.

If I recall correctly there was a option for lager drinkers called a snakebite, lager and blackcurrent. How could they?
    Snakebite - lager and cider (optional blackcurrant). No great lover of either ingredient, but made with K Cider and Special Brew......now there's a recipe for an interesting evening!.

Whilst we're on 'beer cocktails', an invention of ours, post some match somewhere - shampandy. Champagne shandy - half champagne/cava and half lager. Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post

Sweetheart stout was vile. Fact.

The Mackeson black and tan was the connoisseur’s choice. Not for me, though.

a) a waste of a pint of heavy

b) a waste of a bottle of Mackeson

As you were; carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    80 shilling ale now, eh ?

It was always hard getting a decent pint of McEwans , back in the day. What were the others ? Guards Heavy, Tartan Special , ........??

Have to say I cringe seeing John Smith's Bitter being sold in Scotland now !!
    80 shilling is pi$h. Guards Heavy (I must be too young to remember that). Tartan Special was decent. John Smith’s is actually okay.

All of the above however are better than Tennents Lager.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    Whilst we're on 'beer cocktails', an invention of ours, post some match somewhere - shampandy. Champagne shandy - half champagne/cava and half lager. Give it a try, you might be surprised.
    Is that a 1/2 pint of each to make a pint. Or a 1/4 pint each to make a 1/2 pint ? A pint of that sounds lethal.

Page 859 of 949 FirstFirst ... 359759809849857858859860861869909 ... LastLast