+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell gift Aberdeen an early Christmas

Motherwell gift Aberdeen an early Christmas

Motherwell were the architects of their own downfall as they gifted Aberdeen a couple of first half goals. The visitors ran our 3-1 winners on a wet and windy night at Fir Park. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Motherwell were the architects of their own downfall as they gifted Aberdeen a couple of first half goals. The visitors ran our 3-1 winners on a wet and windy night at Fir Park. - External Link

Another utterly utterly desperate performance failures all over the park, Cadden outta sorts Moult likewise, have heard they are carrying injuries so perhaps a modicum of an excuse for them. Absolutely honking defence , goalkeeper a bomb scare .. Lucas dreadful, tactics if there were any woeful... boot the ball long and lose possession all night. McDonald goal apart a pain in the t1ts with his pathetic fouling and antics all night. Aberdeen were not good but they had the measure of us all night. We are real relegation fodder right now and for the life of me I think McGhee is just going through the motions.

Hopeless, absolutely hopeless. No pace or drive in midfield. Christ we missed a 37 year old Lasley in midfield when he went off. What does that say about the rest of them. Dom Thomas, Iv'e never saw anything from him in his time at fir park. Why McGhee put him on when Lasley went off injured is beyond me. We are totally inept and if we keep losing goals like we do we will be in the deep stuff. and while we are at it, we would be as well bringing back Steve Woods.

Real apathy through the club right now. The club is dying and on the way down. Support, other than maniacal die hards have given up.
    It's now nearly January and I've not seen a good 90 min display all season. 30 mins against accies is it. Beat a piss poor RC team. The performances are a disgrace. Last night was a snap shot of our season. Very little chances, mistakes, lost virtually every individual battles, not quick enough, unorganised. Utterly dreadful. If there is no one running the club that has the guts to get rid of this complete fraud of a manager we will go down and go the way of ST Mirren.....over reaction? On our performances I doubt it. Sick of the wee club, no money, doing their best apologists. I want at very least some passion and effort to get me out my seat. We can't keep shipping 3/4 goals at home. Back to bloody basics.This manager isn't capable of any of that, he thinks he is a business man. Doing us a favour brining through young players to sell on for us. Cheers Mark.his tactics are unimaginative, predictable and boring. The players aren't motivated and some look unfit. We have some decent players, and some poor ones but we should be doing much better. If anyone things bringing Pearson back will make everything ok they are off their rocker.
    If the people running the club can't make the tough decisions they need to go too.

Merry Christmas

We don't have a clue,we don't have a plan A never mind a plan B,we lost possession at just about every throw in we had.Free kicks and corners just seem to be hoofed into the box more in hope than expectation.We have no heart,desire,hunger in the team,case in point when Lasley went off nobody in the team took responsibility and stepped forward to lead the team.Players like Ainsworth can no longer be carried or accommodated in our team that needs hard grafters.Every game is important but our next two are must not lose games now.IMO our whole season could be defined by these next two games and McGhee better come up with something fast other than blaming refs and injuries.

Very poor show last night. Although some players are not fit the squad is unbalanced and we need to do some serious transfer business next month. Our next 2 games are ***** and while they won't define our season, they are important. At a minimum we mustn't lose them but a win would be even better. The team needs to show some fight and determination, something thats been sadly lacking so far.

The next two games will define our season as that'll determine whether we punt McGhee or stick with him...he's actually got a decent record in must-win matches so hopefully he'll pull something out again. But if not and we're bringing in a new body it should be asap so he's got the transfer window to work with.

Last night I thought the first half was - tactically at least - ok. We smothered Aberdeen in midfield and they hardly created a single chance by themselves - sadly we chucked them two absolute freebies and when you miss a penalty on top of that, you can't complain about being behind.

However, while I'd absolve McGhee of most of the blame for the first 45, from half time on he had a total shocker. What possessed him to throw Thomas on I've no idea and the positioning of Cadden - too far wide to help the centre, not wide enough to give Tait any support against Hayes - was diabolical. Worst of all was, having ballsed it royally was the refusal to then do anything to change when it was blatantly not working. Bad, bad day at the office.

We may yet be okay this season as we are far from the only team capable of being this bad. And, in the matches against the other sides in the bottom half, we have lost only twice - continue that and I doubt we'll go down but it will be bloody close. More to the point, there's no way that surviving in such a manner can be considered acceptable. McGhee has never been loved but has previously got enough results to stay safe - four wins in 18 is more than sackable though and I suspect the board will have a tough decision to make by early in the new year.

I know he has done it his whole career, but Scott McDonald throwing himself to the ground all the time, is embarrassing. But what a goal he scored.

Just go McGhoo and pass the keys to Crags FFS !

Here's a good idea ... replace Lasley with Thomas, then bring on another left-sided player after that so that we've got Hammel, Thomas and Bowman looking like clueless dorks !

5hite night !!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)