+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle(home)predictions

Newcastle(home)predictions

Coyle's last stand as he is sacked within 24 hours of the result
    0-2 loss

Rovers 3 Newcastle 2

1-2.. loss

It looks as if we don't have a team capable of playing possession-football. It might be, though, that counter-attacking on the break is the best bet against a team like Newcastle, anyway.
    2-1 to Rovers. (I don't really believe it, however!)

Based upon nothing whatsoever (having read the widely conflicting reports / comments from last match).

1 - 3

Me and Aucks joint winners.. Backs to the wall against all odds performance.. Unbelievable win sooo lucky

Coyle keeps his job and all is well !
    Well done,great result

At Ewood for game an for me, it was more endeavour than luck.
    This, tied in with a little more discipline , which is something I was looking for from last time I watched, was the backbone of the result.
    Personal opinion , NUFC a little disappointing for me, after hearing the hype - not a patch on Brighton.
    Still some weak elements though; Conway, Feeney, Lowe.
    MOM (not because of goal) - Mulgrew , he makes a big difference in that I think he inspires the endeavour delivered.
    Full credit to the 'squad' they did well.
    Felt just 5 mins before we scored NUFC players heads dropped a little, in that they gave the impression of : 's**t here we go again it's the BRFC jinx again'!

That's it, you can take my score predicts of 3 - 1 against for every game now. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    At Ewood for game an for me, it was more endeavour than luck.
    This, tied in with a little more discipline , which is something I was looking for from last time I watched, was the backbone of the result.
    Personal opinion , NUFC a little disappointing for me, after hearing the hype - not a patch on Brighton.
    Still some weak elements though; Conway, Feeney, Lowe.
    MOM (not because of goal) - Mulgrew , he makes a big difference in that I think he inspires the endeavour delivered.
    Full credit to the 'squad' they did well.
    Felt just 5 mins before we scored NUFC players heads dropped a little, in that they gave the impression of : 's**t here we go again it's the BRFC jinx again'!

That's it, you can take my score predicts of 3 - 1 against for every game now. ��
    Despair - as I suggested earlier, we have to give up thoughts of possession football with the players we have been putting out. Having said that, I am a bit surprised that Byrne has not been given a chance in Guthrie's absence. However hard Lowe and Akpan work, they are never going to be playing dangerous passes or supplying any other kind of creativity! It appears that Coyle had a look at Byrne but decided he wasn't good enough. That being the case (even if it's puzzling, given Byrne's record), I would have liked to see someone like Tomlison at least given a few 20-minute slots in the middle. The trouble is, the injuries have meant Coyle has had to focus on trying to shore up that area. (A simpler way of doing that, for me, would have been to play a five-man midfield, especially with Marshall AND Guthrie out).
    I see that Emnes's loan-period expires on January 17th. and I wouldn't be surprised if the new Swansea manager actually recalls him.
    Where does that leave us? Well, we do have a few slightly easier games coming up, but we really do need to hang on to the ball for longer periods. It's always quite interesting to play at being manager, and in that light, I have tried to think of a realistic combination (when injury-free) that would make the team a bit more balanced. I have listed it below, with possible alternatives where I am unsure.
    (I am really trying to stimulate a bit more interest - and life! - in these pages).

GK: Steele
    RB: Nyambe
    CB: Lenihan/Greer/Hoban/Ward/Wharton
    LB: Williams (as with Byrne, what happened to Hendrie?)
    RM/RW: Marshall
    CM(D): Mulgrew/Evans
    CM(A): Guthrie (although he is more of an up-and-downer)
    LM/LW: Conway/Mahoney
    CF: Graham/Gallagher (I'm assuming Emnes will leave, here).

As you can see, I really don't know about the best long-term partnership at centre-back, but I do feel Mulgrew needs to come forward as we are so totally lacking creativity through the middle at the moment.
    What would this look like in practice?
    Well, against the weaker teams (especially at home):
    Steele
    Nyambe Lenihan Greer Williams
    Marshall Guthrie Mulgrew Conway
    Gallagher Graham.

Against stronger opposition, with the consequent need for more defensive security:
    Steele
    Nyambe Lenihan Greer Williams
    Marshall Guthrie Mulgrew Evans Conway
    Graham.

I have hardly gone overboard with experimentation there (except for dropping Lowe altogether), but I just feel those line-ups would give us a bit more chance of gaining something like parity in terms of possession.
    One thing is glaringly obvious, though: if none of the youngsters are ready, Coyle must be given the opportunity to sign a creative central midfielder. I actually think we have enough cover in other positions (if we don't lose Marshall), so I would be happy if that was the only signing.
    Any realistic suggestions, anyone?
    How about Josh Morris?
    I also thought it would be good to get hold of someone experienced like Charlie Adam for six months.
    Over to you.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 02-01-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Marshall will be gone aucks as for the rest I agree
    isn't Mahoney a right sided winger?
    the need for a creative output centrally is paramount but not at the sacrifice defensively
    we look more at ease at the back and isn't that the best place to start
    January should be a chance to clear some rubbish out while looking for a creative central midfielder
    look to extend loan deals for Gallagher and emnes
    Let's be honest Coyle will have shirt buttons to deal with in January so the odd improvements here and there and we should just about be ok.

Edit:Mahoney can play either side and maybe we should look to utilise Tomlinson and maybe Rankin Costello for cameos for the odd 15 minutes
    Guthrie and Evans or Guthrie and mulgrew should be our central partnership.
    Last edited by robinrover; 03-01-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)