+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PNE v Leeds (it has to be a new thread :-) )

PNE v Leeds (it has to be a new thread :-) )

Well I must be honest I did not expect today's result, five good goals (even yours) made for a very entertaining Boxing Day afternoon. I did get some nasty looks celebrating the first goal, I forgot I was in with your lot

I stand by my post several month's back - Dirty Preston - who taught Beckford to play like that, he was sweetness and light at Elland Road, you have now turned him into a total liability.

Great day with the Clarets winning and the Bastids losing ...Mixed feelings about the Preston result,but certainly didn't expect that Scoreline ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Great day with the Clarets winning and the Bastids losing ...Mixed feelings about the Preston result,but certainly didn't expect that Scoreline ..
    Alf mate I woke up grinning like a Cheshire cat, all the k enders I know seem to hibernated - but I'll hunt them down, I will revel in this for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Alf mate I woke up grinning like a Cheshire cat, all the k enders I know seem to hibernated - but I'll hunt them down, I will revel in this for weeks.
    No arguments from me I thought Leeds where professional, organised and ruthless in front of goal. While we played some lovely one touch football at times we just didn't have enough in the final third against a very organised solid defence. There were 3 major moments for us Nobbers during the game:-
    1) Clark claiming for offside when he should have been concentrating on closing down the Leeds player for the 3rd goal when we had just pulled ourselves back into the game.
    2) World class save by Green early in the 2nd with Big Mak and Browne trying to pull it back to a 1 goal deficit.
    3) while we had the upper hand in the early parts of the 2nd half we made 2 subs and feckin Backford who by the way is 32 not a feckin ****ager decided that a 3 match ban wasn't long enough so decided 4 should be his goal.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Cracking day for you Dingles Alfi and I have said on ClaretsMad 6 points is what you should aim for and is definitely achieveable.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    No arguments from me I thought Leeds where professional, organised and ruthless in front of goal. While we played some lovely one touch football at times we just didn't have enough in the final third against a very organised solid defence. There were 3 major moments for us Nobbers during the game:-
    1) Clark claiming for offside when he should have been concentrating on closing down the Leeds player for the 3rd goal when we had just pulled ourselves back into the game.
    2) World class save by Green early in the 2nd with Big Mak and Browne trying to pull it back to a 1 goal deficit.
    3) while we had the upper hand in the early parts of the 2nd half we made 2 subs and feckin Backford who by the way is 32 not a feckin ****ager decided that a 3 match ban wasn't long enough so decided 4 should be his goal.
    Ayling played a blinder in defence and keeps it up right through the game. I had a good view of Beckford and have no idea what he was thinking, he had not been on long enough to lose it surely. It will be interesting to see what Grayson does with him after this. When he came on I commented he will either do something amazing and get you back in it or start sulking - I didn't expect him to throw a complete tantrum, if you watch the video of the incident he actually looks like he has no idea what went on.

Cracking day for you Dingles Alfi and I have said on ClaretsMad 6 points is what you should aim for and is definitely achieveable.
    Trouble is both midfielders are out..Marney and Hendricks ..

Ayling played a blinder in defence and keeps it up right through the game. I had a good view of Beckford and have no idea what he was thinking, he had not been on long enough to lose it surely. It will be interesting to see what Grayson does with him after this. When he came on I commented he will either do something amazing and get you back in it or start sulking - I didn't expect him to throw a complete tantrum, if you watch the video of the incident he actually looks like he has no idea what went on.
    The two Leeds players collided into each other and accidently caught Beckford in the back so I have no idea why he reacted like he did not knowing what was going on behind him. So his reaction I think makes it even more ridiculous. I thought your star players for me where your no.5 centre half and your fullback No.2.

Looking forward though to redeeming ourselves and doing the Wendies at the weekend but very tough game though.

Villa tonight for you lot so tough game again however Villa i dont think are playing overly well and are certainly getting the rub of the green on certain games particularly against the pie munchers recently. Fancy you to sneak another win im afraid

The two Leeds players collided into each other and accidently caught Beckford in the back so I have no idea why he reacted like he did not knowing what was going on behind him. So his reaction I think makes it even more ridiculous. I thought your star players for me where your no.5 centre half and your fullback No.2.

Looking forward though to redeeming ourselves and doing the Wendies at the weekend but very tough game though.

Villa tonight for you lot so tough game again however Villa i dont think are playing overly well and are certainly getting the rub of the green on certain games particularly against the pie munchers recently. Fancy you to sneak another win im afraid
    Ayling and Bartley, they have made a massive difference this season to our game. Tonight, not sure about it we have lost Bartley so we will see how it goes

Ayling and Bartley, they have made a massive difference this season to our game. Tonight, not sure about it we have lost Bartley so we will see how it goes
    1–1 not a bad result CB against the only team in the Championship to be unbeaten at home but god only knows how they have managed that coz they are not great.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)