+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Am I blind or is the club fiddling the gate

Am I blind or is the club fiddling the gate

The official figure for the Carlisle fans visiting today was around 1360 when there side of the ground holds roughly 1694 fans. I thought they had mostly filled it and could not see 300 odd empty seats. When I mentioned this to other fans sat around me they tended to agree .

No,the away following looked bang on to me.There were a good 250-300 empty seats in their stand.
    What I would be more inclined to question,however,are the figures for the home areas.but one has to remember that the Main Stand is quite deceptive as it holds over 6,800 so even with 3,300 in there you're still gonna see just as many seats empty.

Were you sat in the main stand as from my view there I would say there were only approx 100 empty seats and others around me agreed. The Gresty Road had few fans in it and the Railway stand was almost empty .
    This begs the question with home games over the Christmas period why did the club not try to put together a package for say 3 matches to try and get the extra fans in.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Were you sat in the main stand as from my view there I would say there were only approx 100 empty seats and others around me agreed. The Gresty Road had few fans in it and the Railway stand was almost empty .
    This begs the question with home games over the Christmas period why did the club not try to put together a package for say 3 matches to try and get the extra fans in.
    No,well over 100 empty seats in the Pop Side,and yes,I was in the Main Stand and had a good look at the away following.