+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newcastle(home)predictions

Cannot totally comment upon the whole squad that Aucks deliberates over quite simply because I haven't seen all of them. I can only read what is said, and as you know I take no credence from that line of 'information'.
    Ie in OC's view Feeney was 'great' Mmm? He's defending/protecting his man, nothing more nothing less.
    Marshall, will be / could be gone. However he's on 'gardening leave' at mo IMO whilst Venkys seek that over priced offer coming in.
    IMO again, far more than he's worth. Given my opinion of his commitment I hope it does come in at something like reasonable and he goes as if he doesn't he won't be any really use to us otherwise as he will just go through motions.
    Evans has never really impressed me yes he's a calmer influence in the middle mix, but for me just a little too 'calm', he needs to man up and scare the opposition.
    Mulgrew for me is the key figure centrally preferably just in front of the back line.
    Don't know what's going on with Conway, but he's just not the same player at the moment, this year.
    The young un's? They must be getting fairly frustrated now as even with OC teetering on the edge, still they're not really given a proper chance to show. The only way I can see that happening is if we drag ourselves clear of the drop zone, by that I mean fully clear and in this league that means knocking on top six.
    Young Nyambie did well I thought and worth keeping with, plus credit to OC he did sub him at the right time. Not directly as punishment for his errors (all players make some) but to protect him from any further that would undo all the good stuff he played beforehand.
    Don't know if that's sufficient comment for you Aucks, but that's the best I can do with my limited 'knowledge' of the finer points of the game and the personnel refered to.

Thanks, Robin and Despair. I just don't see enough to make properly-informed judgements, but I do find it interesting to run through the possibilities. I take it from your comments that Marshall is definitely on his way. I take your point about attitude, Despair, but it will be another player of quality gone.
    As for the youngsters, reading match-reports and comments from fans who watch the junior teams, it sounds as if this lad, Joe Rankin-Costello could be just what we need. The trouble is, he's only 17, so he is probably still two years away.
    If we can just hang a season or so, the Academy might finally produce the goods.
    That doesn't solve the immediate financial crisis, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Thanks, Robin and Despair. I just don't see enough to make properly-informed judgements, but I do find it interesting to run through the possibilities. I take it from your comments that Marshall is definitely on his way. I take your point about attitude, Despair, but it will be another player of quality gone.
    As for the youngsters, reading match-reports and comments from fans who watch the junior teams, it sounds as if this lad, Joe Rankin-Costello could be just what we need. The trouble is, he's only 17, so he is probably still two years away.
    If we can just hang a season or so, the Academy might finally produce the goods.
    That doesn't solve the immediate financial crisis, of course.
    Quite agree, he can show quality, when he chooses. But, he does at least possess some, which many / most others don't have. Given his contract situation we have to hope someone is desperate enough to pay Venkys valuation and we snap their hands off.
    Thing with the academy is, its a conveyor belt activity, continual process. All know that the vast majority just don't come up to the desired levels. One or two do, now and again. And the odd one really comes good and pays dividends but no where near as often. its that that pays the academy to continue.
    The elephant in the room is the debt, and more so who is financing it?
    Its Venkys isn't it, both in fault and the shouldering.
    It is fairly staggering to understand just who would step in if they walked away. Not the pleasantest of thoughts as we would all like it to be different, but it isn't.
    I like to deal in facts, and facts say we are only afloat because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Quite agree, he can show quality, when he chooses. But, he does at least possess some, which many / most others don't have. Given his contract situation we have to hope someone is desperate enough to pay Venkys valuation and we snap their hands off.
    Thing with the academy is, its a conveyor belt activity, continual process. All know that the vast majority just don't come up to the desired levels. One or two do, now and again. And the odd one really comes good and pays dividends but no where near as often. its that that pays the academy to continue.
    The elephant in the room is the debt, and more so who is financing it?
    Its Venkys isn't it, both in fault and the shouldering.
    It is fairly staggering to understand just who would step in if they walked away. Not the pleasantest of thoughts as we would all like it to be different, but it isn't.
    I like to deal in facts, and facts say we are only afloat because of them.
    Quite agree, Despair. I'm a pragmatist, really. I feel as resentful about Venky's as anyone else, but I'm not brave enough to jump into the void, as many other fans are. Of course, if the Lancashire-based, billionaire consortium-from-heaven turns up, I'll be there to lick their feet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)