+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moult for Palace?

Moult for Palace?

Being suggested that Crystal Palace are about to make a bid in the region of £500,000 for Louis Moultt.Derby County and Watford also thought to be interested.IMO would like to think someone would tell him to have a look at Erwin,Hutchieson,Humphrey etc when they went down south.At least we can guarantee him first team football until the end of the season,would fear the worse if he was to leave now.

If we get a bid well over £500k some hard thinking will be needed. That much would let us pay off some of Hutchison's debt and fund a replacement. Not an easy decision.

Yes, decision time approaching, but I wouldn't let him go for less than £600,000. The player's attitude is also a factor.

I think it is a easy decision jwok. If we are offered any sort of serious money, he is off. That is the hard facts of life now. We might as well get used to it. I don't have any problem with the player. He has to do what is best for him. As for how much we are offered, other clubs, know the financial situation at Motherwell, so they will try and offer as little as possible. I think we will turn down one offer (Possibly Two), but we will take what ever we can get. If not in this window, then almost certainly, the summer.

If he goes I wish him the very best of luck; the guy's a gutsy and talented player, not to mention being a true gent off the pitch. Was fortunate to meet him off the park and he was really pleasant and patient to the weans I was minding that day. £500k will see us part company I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Being suggested that Crystal Palace are about to make a bid in the region of £500,000 for Louis Moultt.Derby County and Watford also thought to be interested.IMO would like to think someone would tell him to have a look at Erwin,Hutchieson,Humphrey etc when they went down south.At least we can guarantee him first team football until the end of the season,would fear the worse if he was to leave now.
    and someone will tell him to look at Hutchison, Erwin and Humphreys bank books... none of who would need to work again from what they've earned being average forgotten men. Money talks end of....

We will be in serious trouble if Moult goes anywhere and if the £500,000 bid does come in, he will be gone

Right now we do not need to sell. We have cash in the bank and the Les/JB repayment terms are such that there is no immediate pressure. Moult has 18 months left on his contract. If he left it would put us in danger of relegation as he is a top SPFL striker and goals are crucial. We know being in the Premiership next season will bring more money into the club and it is ***** we avoid relegation- look at St Mirren. He will still be worth a good fee - possibly even more if he keeps scoring which I think he will do - come the summer. I also think he is worth over £500K - he is worth more than Marvin. Show some balls and keep the guy at FP until the end of the season unless someone puts a seven figure bid on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    Right now we do not need to sell. We have cash in the bank and the Les/JB repayment terms are such that there is no immediate pressure. Moult has 18 months left on his contract. If he left it would put us in danger of relegation as he is a top SPFL striker and goals are crucial. We know being in the Premiership next season will bring more money into the club and it is ***** we avoid relegation- look at St Mirren. He will still be worth a good fee - possibly even more if he keeps scoring which I think he will do - come the summer. I also think he is worth over £500K - he is worth more than Marvin. Show some balls and keep the guy at FP until the end of the season unless someone puts a seven figure bid on the table.
    Unfortunately it isn't as easy as that, for us to secure guys on 2 /3 years contracts we will possibly agree to many clauses that richer clubs would refuse and one could be if a bid over a certain figure comes in its up to the player not the club... we will rarely be in a position to play hard ball.

Moult is the main thing keeping us from being right in the middle of the relegation battle as opposed to keeping our heads just above the worst of it...unless it's genuinely silly money we should be doing all we can to delay his sale till summer.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)