I know this sounds like heresy. But seriously the 1 thing that's gonna be a big motivation for these bunch of clowns who occasionally show up at matches and play as a team, is the kick in the goolies that our rivals have succeeded.

And seriously for Derby, it's no big deal finishing higher than us or beating us in the league. Heck I don't think finishing 3rd but losing the playoffs is so much more fantastic than us finishing 20th.

This rivalry is no good with both of us in Tier 2. I recall Burnley finishing like 20th in 1 season and gaining promotion the next.
Heck would we even be talking of Brighton and Huddersfield let alone Bournemouth being promotional candidates say 4-5 seasons ago?

Derby getting promoted may just be wake up call this club and the new owners need to get their act together by appointing the correct manager and buying the correct players for a sustainable push for promotion.

I think there's a great need for the next manager to build a team from scratch. 60 to 70 % of our players are not motivated to fight week in week out.
Sure they might play a blinder 1 week, only to relax for the next 3.
Our defensive mindset has been nothing short of criminal in the last 5 seasons. The moment Morgan left, it's been shambolic.

Build a team from the back, promote the youth players and buy smartly.
Gary Rowett would be the right fit or someone in that mould/mindset.