+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The take over

The take over

Sky said last night that it was imminent.
    I had heard by the end of the month. Obviously we need to move on fast, now that Fawaz has cut and run.

So how does everyone feel about this?
    What do you think will happen?

Will they come in and run a tight ship, like Derbys owners did?
    It's something which could do us the power of good, but a closed purse and boring football would probably be the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Sky said last night that it was imminent.
    I had heard by the end of the month. Obviously we need to move on fast, now that Fawaz has cut and run.

So how does everyone feel about this?
    What do you think will happen?

Will they come in and run a tight ship, like Derbys owners did?
    It's something which could do us the power of good, but a closed purse and boring football would probably be the result.
    On the evidence of yesterday's performance, and if they do keep Montanier it won't be boring. I wouldn't mind a closed purse if they continue to bring players like Joe Worrall through.

My only worry is the ownership of the Stadium and kit rights,
    This club can't move forward unless we build from the bottom up and this should start with the Stadium,
    Moving to a different plot is not an option for me, leaving that famous location would be a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    On the evidence of yesterday's performance, and if they do keep Montanier it won't be boring. I wouldn't mind a closed purse if they continue to bring players like Joe Worrall through.
    Not quite what I meant Basie. Derby got rid of all their high earners and ran on the lower league dregs. Clough did a marvellous job with what he had. Bored everyone ****less though.
    Assombalonga is a prize asset. Would they cash in?
    Not that it makes any difference, Fawaz would have sold him sooner or later anyway. We haven't nor will we, see any of the Burke money

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    My only worry is the ownership of the Stadium and kit rights,
    This club can't move forward unless we build from the bottom up and this should start with the Stadium,
    Moving to a different plot is not an option for me, leaving that famous location would be a sin.
    Still going to disagree with that Es***. Yes I have always loved the CG. But we don't own the land, development manoeuvrability is limited, yet the place needs a major re vamp.
    There is plenty of examples of a new stadium giving a club, a massive boost.
    I'd like to see us closer to the city centre, on the Eastside park. Its got all the travel links and right near the centre for the pubs etc. It would also piss Ray Trew off ;-)

Still going to disagree with that Es***. Yes I have always loved the CG. But we don't own the land, development manoeuvrability is limited, yet the place needs a major re vamp.
    There is plenty of examples of a new stadium giving a club, a massive boost.
    I'd like to see us closer to the city centre, on the Eastside park. Its got all the travel links and right near the centre for the pubs etc. It would also piss Ray Trew off ;-)
    I thought the New York Yankees were the new owners?

Not quite what I meant Basie. Derby got rid of all their high earners and ran on the lower league dregs. Clough did a marvellous job with what he had. Bored everyone ****less though.
    Assombalonga is a prize asset. Would they cash in?
    Not that it makes any difference, Fawaz would have sold him sooner or later anyway. We haven't nor will we, see any of the Burke money
    Apart probably from our two obvious ones, who are our high earners ? Quite a few players came in during in and before the embargo. We couldn't have offered high pay or improved contracts for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    Apart probably from our two obvious ones, who are our high earners ? Quite a few players came in during in and before the embargo. We couldn't have offered high pay or improved contracts for quite a while.
    High earners? Under Fawaz, a lot of them

Mancienne/Mills/Fryatt/Assombalonga/Lansbury/Hobbs/Kasami/Vaughan/Vellios
    Anywhere between 10k- 20k a week.

Don't know if you'd noticed, but we were under an embargo, for being £17 million over budget. Fair enough it was whittled down less than 10, but we still lose money.

That is my fear. The yanks are not here to throw money around willy nilly.
    You can bank on that as fact

High earners? Under Fawaz, a lot of them

Mancienne/Mills/Fryatt/Assombalonga/Lansbury/Hobbs/Kasami/Vaughan/Vellios
    Anywhere between 10k- 20k a week.

Don't know if you'd noticed, but we were under an embargo, for being £17 million over budget. Fair enough it was whittled down less than 10, but we still lose money.

That is my fear. The yanks are not here to throw money around willy nilly.
    You can bank on that as fact
    I'm a little shocked that they purchased a club that's guaranteed to lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    I'm a little shocked that they purchased a club that's guaranteed to lose money.
    Most football clubs, lose money. You either run it cut throat to a budget, or go for the throat and invest.
    Doughty and Fawaz thought they could do the latter, but made some terrible decisions, then when so close it needed a final push. Failed to come up with the extra cash.

Which model will they chose? Personally, I think the first one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast