+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Rod View Post
    Why the negativity. Why bother going? I've never gone to a game expecting us to lose. Never. I'm a supporter, that's what I do. I've seen some dire performances, both recently and in years gone by, but Derby are my team and I'll support anyone in a black and white shirt and never boo them.

I've seen us win at Man U more than once and lose at Doncaster. Let's get into West Brom and should we progress or gain a draw tomorrow more money will be added which could allow us to buy someone for a play off push.

We are the underdog, but stranger things have happened.......
    There's a difference between negativity and realism and nobody is booing, but you're right...'stranger things have happened', much rather win at Leeds next Friday though.

I did go to Norwich and saw us struggle. As for negativity and realism, why do we bother going if we have a thought we might lose?

Would you buy a season ticket and then choose your matches based on the likely result? It's sport, and although it often does turn out as we expect, sometimes it doesn't.

Didn't we once beat Forest with ten men after being 1-0 down? Should we have all walked out then, or can we now be proud and say 'I was there'. Sport !!

'Why do we bother going if we have a thought we might lose?' Because there's more to supporting a team than just 'singing when we're winning' but then you must know that already supporting us. Tomorrow's not for me but I genuinely hope you enjoy your day.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    'Why do we bother going if we have a thought we might lose?' Because there's more to supporting a team than just 'singing when we're winning' but then you must know that already supporting us. Tomorrow's not for me but I genuinely hope you enjoy your day.
    Twenty four hours on I'm still grinning. What a day. If we all followed the likely result to dictate our watching of sport we'd never go.

Money in the bank for further investment in the team and a potential cup run.

Another thought I came up with on the way home. Do only 'supporters' go to away games and the 'negatives' only go to home games?? I don't have an opinion either way, but yesterday's positivity was noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Rod View Post
    Twenty four hours on I'm still grinning. What a day. If we all followed the likely result to dictate our watching of sport we'd never go.

Money in the bank for further investment in the team and a potential cup run.

Another thought I came up with on the way home. Do only 'supporters' go to away games and the 'negatives' only go to home games?? I don't have an opinion either way, but yesterday's positivity was noticeable.
    Glad you're happy...me too, even though - or perhaps because - it was totally unexpected.

I guess the most committed are the ones that go regularly to away games. Possibly the most positive too, look at United away fans...fantastic support, it pains me to say, but Old Trafford is like a graveyard when things aren't going their way. Seems a fairly universal condition but Derby's fans have always been too quick to get on players' backs imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)