+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 113 days of hurt

113 days of hurt

After 113 days , 16 weeks and at our 14th attempt Queens have finally won a league game . Absolutely brilliant result and by all accounts Rankin was fantastic
    Onwards and upwards

Fantastic result for us. Glad to hear that all 3 new signings did well and involved in at least 2 of the goals. Dykes back at last, and can only improve with time. On wards for the next 3 points.

So this is what a win feels like. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks. Talisker and Laphroaig (home measures) for me!0

Great fun today, and a great result. Can only echo the above. The new boys looked good and great to see Dykes back on the pitch. Be grateful if anyone can explain the parking situation there though. They seem to have rented it out as airport parking or something?

Well worth waiting 113 days for 3 goals and 3 points into the bargain.
    Who else is becoming more and more infuriated with Robinson in goals, as he takes forever to take bye-kicks and generally getting rid of the ball. Resorts to clanking his boots against the posts and is still trying to punt the ball wide instead of getting it played up the middle of the park or else the ball going straight out of the park. Perhaps this is just how he is going to bel. He was enraging the St Mirren support for the entire 90 minutes and especially in the second half.
    When the game was still 1-0 we had him letting the ball run past him in the box, then turning to nonchalantly turning round to pick up the ball as a St Mirren closed in. St Mirren also crashed the ball off the crossbar too and I reckon the bar is still reverberating. Also produced a good save in a melee in the box when he turned to dive on the ball.

Albertz, you do some chuntering on when you post, but at least we were there to comment first hand. I thought the new boys did well, bringing much needed energy to the midfield. The goalie can waste as much time as he likes when we are winning, but those long kick outs to the likes of Doddie (spell check please} are a joke, much better to have
    Big Langdon Doakes (spell check again, chump) up front, he's a ball winner

I do don't I. I think you meant Dobbie and Lyndon Dykes.
    Anyway, it was just what Queens needed.

Good post Albertz. Give us some more of your OWN views. You have proved now that you can indeed do it and I know you are a big Qos fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Good post Albertz. Give us some more of your OWN views. You have proved now that you can indeed do it and I know you are a big Qos fan.
    Many thanks for those kind comments and I will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam_o_Terregles View Post
    So this is what a win feels like. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks. Talisker and Laphroaig (home measures) for me!0

A man after my own heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)