+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

OK, the ba' is yours ..... jist name a time an' place, preferably efterneen, or early evenin, and Ah'll bring it along

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    OK, the ba' is yours ..... jist name a time an' place, preferably efterneen, or early evenin, and Ah'll bring it along
    Ill bring along beer pennies

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Attachment 10370

That's one of the walls in mine. Fitba/Music room.Dated photo as there is a Brescia,Atalanta and AC Milan scarf added

Glorious. That'll keep me busy the morn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Attachment 10371

East Fife 1 v 1 Forfar Athletic
    FA win 5-4 on pens

Good game today down in Methil. Far better than yesterdays serving

The whos who of Ab-Mad continued today as I spent the day with Rochred and his Grandson Ryan. Good dudes and the offer of hospitality was greatly appreciated. Shame I was getting my tea cooked for me already

Bayview is tidy. Obviously new but is very similar to the Rock in Dumbarton. Similar stand(colour scheme too), the views are also very similar with the town in one direction and a body of water on the other, with the Firth right next to it. Only difference being Bayview doesn't have a massive Rock peering down on it

The game itself was enjoyable. East Fife (now managed by Darren Young) were the better team from the start and played some good football. Very rarely took the ball off the deck. They also have a couple of good players with a clear man of the match in the big striker Kevin Smith. What an amount of ground that guy covers. They had a wee midfielder too who was decent but he faded when the numbers on the park changed.

East Fife took the lead on about five minutes and were the better team until a red that was nae a red happened(Ryan would disagree). High feet yes but the Forfar boy made the most and "Neymared" it and held his face when there was no contact at all. A booking at most. This obviously changed the dynamic of the game, for two reasons, one Forfar were allowed into the game and two the Bayview faithful got hilariously animated especially the indecipherable village idiot who pitched up on the seat next to Rochred. The guy was worth the tenner alone. Due to our seats being so close to the dugout we were in prime position for the tirade of abuse directed at Forfar manager Jim Weir. It was ace fun and Weir heard the lot and even made a "f@ck off ye greeting b@stards" rubbing of the eyes motion. He took the abuse but the Methil boys couldn't handle it back.

Back to the game Forfar scored right on half time with a well worked goal. The build up was good, the incidents that led to the ball going in was a bit calamitous but the lead up was decent. Also to be noted lower league linesman are sh@te. Both were at it today like the one yesterday. Must be a shortage and anyone can get the gig

Second half was ok, the Fifers plugged away Forfar created chances due to the space created by the extra man but only troubled the goal once.

So pens it was. Shame the score wasn't in reverse as I really did want East Fife 5 v Forfar 4. Ach well

Rochred you are a top dude. Total pleasure my good man. See you on Thursday for your Red Final

Quite fancy Clyde v Motherwell next week now (depends on Pac Jnr though)
    Assessment of game is spot on, added to that was the East Fife assistant manager being sent to the stand after having a quiet word in the linesman’s ear.
    A pleasure to meet you again Pacman, both Ryan and myself enjoyed the afternoon in your company.

What do you have the scarves pinned on to?

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    What do you have the scarves pinned on to?
    Bamboo cane with clothes pegs

From Sheffield to Shielfield

Berwick Rangers 1 v 0 Stirling Albion

Was always going to take on one of the long distance ones today as I was in Sheffield yesterday. So Berwick it was

Shielfield is f@cking ace. Id go as far as saying its my favourite lower league ground. Its got proper character. I get much more pleasure from attending gems like this rather than new builds. The speedway track adds to the character, the fact the pitch slopes from each goal mouth to the centre line adds character, the fact the pitch is absolutely clarted in seagull feathers adds to the character the multiple silos towering over it adds to the character. Its just a great wee place. If you get the chance go for it but nae in summer as there are f@cking millions of wasps

Pre match pint in the Black n Gold bar speaking to some Binos and then Kevin the Berwick fan who bizarrely supports Forres Mechanics too. He doesn't even know why. He was also pretty clued up on the HFL. Fair play to the Stirling lot. Out in numbers again. Second time I have seen them on the road(first at Forfar) and they have been very well supported. More than Hamilton or Killie take to us. Nae bad for bottom tier diddies

The game was decent enough. Stirling will be ruing their glut of missed chances in the first half. On another day they would have won. Darren Smith the leagues top scorer last season was out injured so if he was in i reckon he would have made a difference. Berwick weren't without their chances either and it took until half way through the second half to score. I would say a deserved win on their second half performance

Highlight of the game was a pished up Bino having a go at a seagull. "oi that's mine ya c@nt,you ya c@nt, your that same c@nt from last week ya c@nt" as he chased it off

I enjoyed hearing the ref speaking all game. He was approachable, good and sensible too while still taking no **** .Refreshing to see. Chris Graham was his name

My only problem with Shielfield. The pie was a disgrace. Deep fried, tasteless and gave me a coating on my hand I couldnt wash off. Utterly f@cking bowf. I thought Montrose would never be beaten.

That's one of the long eens ticked off. I promised myself I would do two this season. Kevin said it should be Annan as its a good set up. So I will take Kevs advice

Edit- I saw the Dunfermline team bus heading home so I gave it a thumbs up oot the window in salute to them piling more misery on the TSMSTID
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 04-08-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Sounds a good day oot Pacmin

As I said tae ye I was there years ago sounds like hee haw has changed . I do mind the pie being absolutely rotten so thats no changed either.

Like you I prefer grounds with character no these identikit Lego jobs you get noo.

The other problem with that place is they close the bar at 2:30 as its English licensing laws...

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    Sounds a good day oot Pacmin

As I said tae ye I was there years ago sounds like hee haw has changed . I do mind the pie being absolutely rotten so thats no changed either.

Like you I prefer grounds with character no these identikit Lego jobs you get noo.

The other problem with that place is they close the bar at 2:30 as its English licensing laws...
    Its definatley my favourite so far

Th bars changed or just breaking the law as the boy Kevin got a last gasp corona at 5 to 3

Give me a shout when you’re heading to Annan. I’ve not been to that one either & I’ll only be 10mins up the road

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast