+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Give me a shout when you’re heading to Annan. I’ve not been to that one either & I’ll only be 10mins up the road
    Maybe sooner than I think

The weekend im home from offshore(5 weeks this weekend) is a sh@tey international break. It does however mean Petrodiddy Cup. If Annan are home ill be going. Ill take the wee dude down for a couple of days away down that neck of the woods

Mason

Just noticed on the date above Galabank is occupied by Edusport v Vale of Leithan in the Lowland League

Ill easily do it if you fancy it. But if you want to see Annan ill do it after

Sounds grand, whenever you fancy. I’ve moved down to Dumfries now anyway, so really it’s just when it suits you

With it being the International weekend, lots of "groundhoppers" take the opportunity to visit grounds they haven't been at before and wouldn't normally get to go to by following their club. Airdrie reckon the get 10-20 hoppers and as such have a special offer on this weekend.

£20 you get a ground tour, stand seat, programme and badge (I've been to Airdrie?).
    £50 and you also get a seat in a box - with lots of hoppers - and "refreshments".

Sounds so fantastically sad that I'm sure I'd love it - unfortunately Cans v Broch this weekend is so big a match that missing it would be unthinkable.

Sounds grand, whenever you fancy. I’ve moved down to Dumfries now anyway, so really it’s just when it suits you
    I had a night out in Dumfries.......many years ago now.
    Went into a nightclub, it was downstairs. By the time we got from the bottom of the stairs to the bar we saw three fights and a glassing.
    Two of the three fights had at least one woman involved.

I get home on Friday

Camelon v Linlithgow Rose for me (my Junior teams to win the scottish cup in my life hike)

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I had a night out in Dumfries.......many years ago now.
    Went into a nightclub, it was downstairs. By the time we got from the bottom of the stairs to the bar we saw three fights and a glassing.
    Two of the three fights had at least one woman involved.
    Mixed reviews so far of the place. The town itself is fine, the folk are a little odd. The other night the neighbours were having an argument which ended with her wielding a knife, then jumping in the car & trying to run him over. It’s a shame she missed as I heard the prick singing a Nacho Novo song the other week. Another one across the road like to do his gardening while listening to Penny Arcade on repeat. Easy to see why Tory MPs fair quite well down here.

Other than that, it’s fairly quiet. The pubs have a funny smell to them

Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  90.3 KB

Camelon 2-0 Linlithgow Rose

Part two of my "visit every Junior team to win the Scottish Cup in my life" quest.(Camelon winning it in 1994/95) Made a day of it with visits to The Keplies, The Falkirk Wheel and the Antonine Wall. Then off to the game.

My first experience of the new fangled Lowland League feeder divisions, this being the East Of Scotland Division C. Both teams being junior ship jumpers in the summer to try their hand in the pyramid system. It was a weird one, Linlithgow had a lot of the ball for long spells of the game but created absolutely f@ck all and Camelon on another day should have had five or six. Not a bad game but did expect more from the Rosey Posey. Liked Carmuirs Park, healthy crowd too. Three quid to get in with junior being free. Well worth it with two stunning goals. The first being inside five minutes, a perfectly timed half volley from what looked like the edge of the box, the striker followed the flight of the long ball to him brilliantly then unleashed a howitzer into the top corner. No keeper would have stopped it. The second was better with the Mariners right midfielder recieving the ball on the wing about thirty yards out and running directly toward goal i even thought to myself, "have a ping min" which he did when he reached the corner of the eigh**** yarder. It left his foot like a bullet across the goal and into the side of the net which almost ripped the goals out the ground going by the distance the net bulged. A f@cking stunning strike. In the second half Camelon missed three or four really good chances but it wasn't to matter. Highlight of the game was some of the tackling, ludicrous to say the least. Some being really bloody nasty. Great to watch. Richt Mannies Fitba

Promised myself id do four of the winners this season. Next up Tayport to get the closest een out the road(already done Carnoustie Panmure)
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 08-09-2018 at 06:38 PM.

No thumb in the pic?

Disappointing.

No thumb in the pic?

Disappointing.
    Had to selfie it Camelonians are not very forthcoming

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast