+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Pac

Looking at Milan Juve on 11 November. They kick off at 19:45. Atalanta at home to Inter - kick off 11:30. Thinking about an hour from Statzione Centrale to Atalanta. Games finishes around 1:15 pm. Should easily make ti back to the San Siro for half sixish?

Atalanta website - can't find an English version.

Any tips? Tickets? Where to sit?

Peterheid v Bohs yesterday...Peterhead didn't allow the Bohs fans in their social club and big police presence. Completely unjustified..

Walked from Ellon to Longside via Auchnagatt, Maud and Mintlaw (Buchan and Formartine Way) consequently missing the first-half but wondered in for nothing at half-time so the jobs a good un...

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Pac

Looking at Milan Juve on 11 November. They kick off at 19:45. Atalanta at home to Inter - kick off 11:30. Thinking about an hour from Statzione Centrale to Atalanta. Games finishes around 1:15 pm. Should easily make ti back to the San Siro for half sixish?

Use Google Translate...It looks like the operate something called a Dea Card at Atalanta and some matches are restricted to those with this card (presumable the Inter might be one)...when I buy tickets at a stadium abroad I always take ID with me and it looks like Atalanta request it

Pac

Yo

Me and my pal went to Atalanta v Inter in April. The tickets were general sale and no bother to get but google translate is handy. It was them I had to say I was born in Italy to get. Then had to give my passport details (born in Aberdeen). Top notch security.

Tips, the Atleti Azurri is a bowl so anywhere you sit (stand trust me) is a good vantage point. Its better to see the hardcore fans in my opinion as they are easily the best fans ive ever seen. (think I stated that before) So try and get on the wing as they are behind the goal. The place was f@cking rammed that night

Things to note, if you are needing a quick train after, jog it as there was a f@cking huge police presence when we are there with streets shut off for Inter fans only. The bus up took forever. Its about 2 miles from ground to station. We ran the whole way to catch the last train to Milan as it was a night game. I managed nae bother as im a fine specimen but my pal was jiggered. But going by your times you will be fine

I notice Brescia are home to Verona on the Saturday. We had a good day out there (then trained to Atalanta after for a double header). Bonnie place Brescia, which is just further than Bergamo. I recommend it

Very important info. Take photographic ID with you. New rule as of last season. We got checked twice at Brescia, Twice at Atalanta and once at Milan. Hadnt happened in previous years in Italy

Other really important advice. Keep your eyes peeled for KO times. Our Itinery started as Parma, Atalanta, Juve, Milan. Then it turned into Parma, Atalanta, Milan and ended up Brescia, Atalanta, Milan due to KOs changing all the time up until a week before. Lost out on money for Juventus

You will love it dude. Italy is my favourite country for fitba

Our spring trip next year is Napoli v Juventus

Name:  atalanta.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  99.4 KB

I think I was born in France according to my Cuore Rossoneri card.

Managed to get site translated and it's not too bad.

Might fly to Bergamo and stay there - might have to take the hit of a taxi back from Milan after the Juve match.

Still in early stages of organising - whole thing could still go titsup.

Many thanks for hints - especially getting train after match.

I am in my mid 60s and not in good nic for someone in their mid 80s.

I think I was born in France according to my Cuore Rossoneri card.

Managed to get site translated and it's not too bad.

Might fly to Bergamo and stay there - might have to take the hit of a taxi back from Milan after the Juve match.

Still in early stages of organising - whole thing could still go titsup.

Many thanks for hints - especially getting train after match.

I am in my mid 60s and not in good nic for someone in their mid 80s.
    You winna need to run. So you are fine.Easy walkable but we had 25 mins to catch the train after FT or we were stuck in Bergamo. We basically got on the train and it took off. If you do stay in Milan theres a 24 hour restaurant next to the train station(come out the main door and turn left and cross the road). Its really good. Food and huge beers. Shows sport too. Ended up in there after Bergamo at midnight then for breakfast on the sunday. Its not even a dump as you would exoect for a 24 hour joint. A really authentic local place and quite posh. Only place in milan with a 24 hour license. The waiters were totally sound and loved our scottishness

Oh and have a pint on the 11th and celebrate my birth
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 09-09-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You winna need to run. So you are fine.Easy walkable but we had 25 mins to catch the train after FT or we were stuck in Bergamo. We basically got on the train and it took off. If you do stay in Milan theres a 24 hour restaurant next to the train station(come out the main door and turn left and cross the road). Its really good. Food and huge beers. Shows sport too. Ended up in there after Bergamo at midnight then for breakfast on the sunday. Its not even a dump as you would exoect for a 24 hour joint. A really authentic local place and quite posh. Only place in milan with a 24 hour license. The waiters were totally sound and loved our scottishness

Oh and have a pint on the 11th and celebrate my birth
    Been in there a couple of times.

Will toast your health on the centenary of armistice day.

Been in there a couple of times.

Will toast your health on the centenary of armistice day.
    Make sure its a Peroni Gran Riserva. Beautiful stuff

Name:  broadwood.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  90.2 KB

Cumbernauld Colts 4-0 Arniston R*****s

First of all. Everyone who said its a cold c@nt of a place. I see what you mean. Its got a permanent draft blowing through. Glad I went in September and nae January. I was f@cking jeelt by the time I left.

Second of all, terrible crowd. I counted 43. Just before KO an Arniston committee boy said to his pals "sh@te crowd, thought there would be more. We outnumber them for f@ck sake". I sniggered and he turned to me and said "you a Cumbernauld man?" and I said "nah min a neutral fae Aberdeen" to which he replied "Bloody hell there are more folk from Aberdeen than Cumbernauld here" Sums up the crowd. It also made me credit my own dedication to my crusade.

Nae much of a game. An exhibition match for CC. The whole first half was played in the Arniston half but was inexcusably 0-0 at half time. Some poor finishing on show. Second half CC scored early and that was that. Arniston were lost. A second came from a peach of a free kick. Top corner via the bar from twenty five yards(only thing of note during the game.) Straight from centre CC nicked the ball and went up and made it 3-0 and a fourth quickly followed

The pitch is a plastic abomination. I noticed a few players getting their feet stuck throughout the game. Its a f@cked cruciate ligament waiting to happen. Also in regards to the ground. Its yirded in celtic stickers. On the seats, in the bogs, on the walls. What's that about. I did see a "doonhamers on tour" sticker in amongst them though. Also to be noted the behind goal is full of broken seats and just looks sh@t. The have replaced a heap but its like they have run out Also in the behind the goal stand there are two random foxes on the roof as seen below

Name:  fox.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  40.1 KB

Nae much of a spectacle but its another one ticked off. Getting there slowly

The whole ground’s a wind tunnel. Baltic. Glad you’ve got the tour back on track with a proper photo Name:  A77DE61C-AF0E-48BD-AAAC-D4B3BAC91CF4.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  6.1 KB

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast