+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I was at Firs Park years ago, for a televised Scottish Cup match with Dumbarton. Most notable thing that happened was our subs having a ‘see who can pee the highest’ competition against that wall. Jimmy Gilmour won it despite his small stature
    Superb!

Did Jimmy Gilmour in the latter stages of his career play in the Highland League with pre-merger Caley?

Here’s his playing career here. Another one from Bellshill...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Gilmour

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Here’s his playing career here. Another one from Bellshill...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Gilmour
    He's not from Bellshill. I've told you this before.

Close enough. It’s all weegie overspill

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Just wait untill ive done the top forty, Caledonian League, Lowland League and The Scottish Junior Cup winners in my life and i may be in with a shout. On 80 Scottish grounds just now
    I've been to 62 Scottish grounds...Here follows a horrible comma separated list:

Pittodrie Stadium,Easter Road,Tyncastle Stadium,Tannadice Park,Allan Park,Fir Park,Glebe Park,Gayfield Park,Bellslea Park,Broomfield Park,Links Park,McDiarmid Park,Celtic Park,Christie Park,Ibrox Stadium,Hampden Park,Dens Park,Brockville Park,East End Park,Balmoor Stadium,Falkirk Stadium,Kynoch Park,New Douglas Park,Recreation Park,Station Park -Forfar,Station Park -Nairn County,Tulloch Caledonian Stadium,Firhill Stadium,Ochilview Park,Stair Park,The Excelsior Stadium,Bayview Stadium,Stark's Park,Raydale Park,Cappielow Park,Cliftonhill,Borough Briggs,Meadowbank Stadium,Forthbank,Palmerston Park,St Mirren Park,Broadwood Stadium,Central Park,Galabank,Almondvale Stadium,Victoria Park - Ross County,Victoria Park - Buckie Thistle,Dumbarton Football Stadium,Rugby Park,Shielfield Park,Somerset Park,Ferguson Park,Dudgeon Park,Harlaw Park,K-Park Training Academy,Holm Park,Princess Royal Park,Murrayfield Stadium,New Tinto Park,North Lodge Park,Balmoor Park,Mosset Park

All for matches I hasten to add...there's a lot of them with the suffix Park though

I want to conquer Scotland from Junior upward

That's the aim anyway

I want to conquer Scotland from Junior upward

That's the aim anyway
    My raison d'etre is to visit all teams that appeared in the 1982/83 European Cup Winners Cup draa

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    My raison d'etre is to visit all teams that appeared in the 1982/83 European Cup Winners Cup draa
    Wattershei are gone but its a great plan.

But its funny you mention that as i have a few challenges running just now. Top 40 with photo(15 down with 8 penciled in in the near future) , Junior teams to win the Scottish in my life (2 down of 18,Hill of Beath and Tayport penciled in), Foreign team for every letter of the alphabet(10 letters to go) but i am also doing.....

Every team to win the ECWC(with photo). Obviously Rangers are dead so they cant be visited which is a bonus. I have done 8 so far, Aberdeen, Man Utd,Bayen Munich, Dortmund, Milan, Lazio, Ajax and Atletico Madrid. I'm booked for Sporting Lisbon in January and Fiorentina in Feb so another two will be bagged this season

Its the best hobby ever but becoming a geeky obsession
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 26-10-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Wattershei are gone but its a great plan.

But its funny you mention that as i have a few challenges running just now. Top 40 with photo(15 down with 8 penciled in in the near future) , Junior teams to win the Scottish in my life (2 down of 18,Hill of Beath and Tayport penciled in), Foreign team for every letter of the alphabet(10 letters to go) but i am also doing.....

Every team to win the ECWC(with photo). Obviously Rangers are dead so they cant be visited which is a bonus. I have done 8 so far, Aberdeen, Man Utd,Bayen Munich, Dortmund, Milan, Lazio, Ajax and Atletico Madrid. I'm booked for Sporting Lisbon in January and Fiorentina in Feb so another two will be bagged this season

Its the best hobby ever but becoming a geeky obsession
    Well Waterschei merged with Winterslag (played United in the early 80s) to form Genk....Waterschei and Winterslag are two areas within Genk...the stadium though is still in the same location (although they turned it round so not in the same position)...I was there in August to see Genk play Brondby...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Well Waterschei merged with Winterslag (played United in the early 80s) to form Genk....Waterschei and Winterslag are two areas within Genk...the stadium though is still in the same location (although they turned it round so not in the same position)...I was there in August to see Genk play Brondby...
    Decent. Good luck in your quest.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast