+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Didnt take on Cowdenbeath due to the Fourth Road Bridge lorry crash and i though it might cause havok down that way. So Brechin v Airdrie it is. Turned up at Glebe Park, held up for an hour because half the Brechin team arw from Edinburgh and stuck coming up.

F@ck sake

What a f@cking palaver. Just in the door fae Brechin at 11.50. As explained above the Forth Road Bridge lorry crash was a c@nt

With my time to burn pre kick off i did something ive never done before. Had a pint in Brechin.

Rocked up for the new kick off time of 8.45 just in time for the teams to appear. But only 21 appeared so they stood knocking balls about for a few minutes untill the Brechin keeper appeared. 8.54 the game kicked off.

Half the Brechin team turned up with time to get stripped in time for KO and it showed with Airdrie dominating the play for the first 30 mins (in their horrific pink kit). Against the run of play Brechin scored through a pen. This got Brechins tails up and the game changed. During the half there was a lengthy injury to an Airdrie player delaying the game even further. At half time i looked at my watch and it was 10. I should have been almost home by then.

Second half Brechin were much better and scored again through a peach of a volley. This made Airdrie lose their discipline and put in some bad tackles and daft fouls. Brechin grabbed a third and that was that was that. The Airdrie fans turned on their manager (ex pig/pjm and sh@te sportscene pundit Mark Wilson). In a ground with about 150 folk every shout was clear as day. "Wilson, your the worst f@cking manager we have ever had", "we will no make the playoffs with you in charge ye f@cking c@nt Wilson", "Wilson get tae f@ck" and my favourite Wilson......... (three second pause)......... Ye f@cking sh@tebag". There were many many many more.

Sh@te game overall, 4 shots on target all game, 3 of which were goals. Scrappy with the ball off the deck alot.

Great result for Brechin considering their pre game build up

Also, glad i decided against Cowdenbeath as it was delayed and finished at 10.15. That would have been a late een home
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 15-03-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Only Section B? Pwopah nawteee!

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Only Section B? Pwopah nawteee!
    Nah but there was a decent amount of Airdroids up. When the third went in the place emptied

Peterheed v Alloa today. Peterhead have to win and hope stenny draw or lose to Brechin. That will only get them into the playoffs but avoid auto league 1 death

Due to the significance of this i thought it was a perfect to get my photo opp. Been to Balmoor plenty and it used to be my home ground when i played for the districts but didnt have the photae. I also saw Bobby Manns 913 yard free kick v Bossu

Managed to rope Pacdad into it, bizarre for him travelling fae Ellon to Peterhead and it wasnt work related(37 years he travelled it untill he retired) He informed me on route that it was a fiver to get in. Bonus.

Got there and in typical Peterheed fashion the sunny weather dissapeared on arrival and was replaced with overcast and breezy and pretty bloody cold. Nipped for a pint before. Good to see all hun memorabillia has been disposed of at the bar.

I had a feeling the blue toon would do this today.(they needed Stenny to draw or lose to Brechin meaning they needed to win) . The standard was really pish. Both teams just lumped it constantly but it had an element of excitement as both teams were ropey at the back and you could sense goals were coming. Alloa took the lead undeservedly with their first attack. In the mean time Petefheed missed three good chances. In the second half Peterhead were the better team again(both teams created chances galore but Peterheed were creating more and spurning them all) and got a deserved equaliser. But the ropey defence chucked it and Alloa went up 2-1. But Peterheed kept chipping away and again deservedly equalised. But now it looked like they believed this was possible and it was. They took the lead and won. Playoff it is as Brechin and Stenny drew 1-1.

Montrose await on Wed

The Alloa fans were bams

Edit-he didnt get it but Graeme Smith the blue toon keeper was by far man of the match. 3 fantastic saves
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 06-05-2017 at 05:49 PM.

The Alloa fans were bams

That reminded me on a Scottish cup tie we had many years ago at Recreation Park (cannot remember the year) but they were mental that day. Lots of fisticuffs

Fit to do on a Sunday. Why nae head to Ochilview .A Tommy Steel free Ochilview. Also a Stenny free Ochilview as this was a Lowland League game between East Stirlingshire and Civil Service Strollers

Fist thing to mention. What the f@ck is with the average speed cameras all the way between Stonehaven and Dundee. That's a piss take and obviously permanent as all the fixed cameras are gone.

Got there with an hour to spare so found the Ochilview bar for a pint. I was obviously nae local as I got a few funny looks but one dude to be fair gave me some chat. He was a hun but a very sensible one at that believe it or not. He doesn't want Pedro, never did, doesn't want the players they have and wished they had a Scottish manager who signed decent players like Stevie May who he was annoyed we signed when they should have been in the hunt for the likes. Decent conversation. Also telling me when he played juniors and ended up Playing East End in the Scottish. That's what I like about my travels, always get a yap with a local even though they can be huns. They all think I'm daft when I tell them fit I am/have been up to

Anyway back to football matters, this was a quadruple result as it was a new ground I hadn't been to, two new unviewed teams and a new competition as it was the first Lowland game ive watched. I was interested to see how LFL stands up to the HFL and to be honest and without being biased as I don't hide my liking of the ,but East Stirling are one of the big teams in the league along with East Kilbride, Spartans and BSC Glasgow but I would say the better teams in the HFL could take them. Civil Service are pretty rubbish and would probably struggle in the HFL (but obviously be above the Fort and Strathy)

East Stirling cruised the first half and should have been more than the one up at HT. The were guilty of wasting the mounds of possession they had. Second half CSS were a lot better but I think that's down to the Shire nae turning up. After an hour(ish) the Strollers equalised with a well worked headed goal. They weren't level for long though. Nae even a minute. ES took centre and went straight up the park and scored an other well worked headed goal. Then the ref stepped up and made sure his days work was seen as a shocker. Shires CF Andy Rogers(one of two players I reckon would get a game for a decent team in the HFL along with CB Jordan Tapping) was clearly pulled to the ground in a obvious goal scoring position, basically would have bee clean through if he wasn't rugby tackled. The ref initially took out his red then put it back in his pooch and booked the defender. Truly shocking decision. What made it worse was, the resulting free kick was tame and from the save CCS went up the park and gabbed an unlikely equaliser. Ifs and buts I know but would that have happened if they were dealt the blow of losing a man. Then from KO the Shire went up the park and were denied as stonewall a penalty you could see. Again clear as day with the ref looking right at but he waved play on. Unbelievable decision and with that the full time whistle went and I left. But I reckon I missed some kind of melee as when I walking down the street to the car the refs whistle went at least ten times and there was a bit of shouting. I could bet it was the boy Rodgers who was cleary irate after the non red card and penalty. Ill have to read up to see what happened.

One thing I winna miss is the constant shouts of "mon the Shire-aaaaaaay". It was reminiscent of the Broch fans and how they constantly shout "mon I'Burry".

Nae a bad day oot

Next stop Elgin v Bray Wanderers in two weeks
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 20-08-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Are those average cameras live? I know they are permanent now but not sure if they are operational yet. It's that f*cker Humza Yousafs bright idea.

I noticed some arent even on the poles so nae sure if the ones fitted work.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast