+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

First time I saw Aberdeen there was in a cup replay in January or February 1968. The weather would have been very similar to that which Pacman experienced today. Baltic with a terrible wind.

The Rovers keeper was a wee lad - Bobby Reid? - and he punched away a corner only to see the wind catch the ball on the 18 yard line and take it back over his head for the only goal of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    First time I saw Aberdeen there was in a cup replay in January or February 1968. The weather would have been very similar to that which Pacman experienced today. Baltic with a terrible wind.

The Rovers keeper was a wee lad - Bobby Reid? - and he punched away a corner only to see the wind catch the ball on the 18 yard line and take it back over his head for the only goal of the game.
    http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...8&squad=Senior

Here you go cougar.

Starks Park a ground that eluded me in Raiths Premier years. Finally made it. The battle of the Rovers.

Got oot the the car (right outside the front door) and was hit with an Arctic blast. So the recommemded boozer was substitited for the closer Estuary. Spoke to a couple of guys regarding the Colts teams and its apparent Raith will vote against it. Good guys.

Got to thw ground and decided nae to sit in the wonky L shaped Turnbull Huttton stand and chose the behind the goal South Stand so i could see the weird one. The only places i remember seeing similar shaped stands are Tannadump and Polo Park ex home of Stoneywood.

First half was a tight affair. Probablly 50/50 ball possession and both teams did try to get it down and played some good fitba. But the highlight was the awesome steak pie. Up there with Forres Mechanics. Stappit full of excellent steak. I laughed at the sign at the pie stall saying "supporters be aware hot drinks are made from boiling water". I thought folk from Kirkcaldy must be a bit special. Turns oot boiling water down there is infact lava. Im sure the enamel is gone from my teeth and the skin from my upper mouth. F@ck me that was painful. Anyway RR went in 1 up at half time

The half time draw was done by a dude doing what ive set out to do but is better than me as he completed it tonight as Starks was his 42nd. Well played. Even more well played as hes from Es***. The announcer asked him his favourite and he said "the three big Glasgow grounds are impressive structures bit Arbroaths my favourite. To which the announcer said" really well at least you didnt say East End Park"

Second half started with an Albion equaliser but Raith came out and comfortably won the game 3-1.People think the negativity on here is bad. The Raith fans arround me were f@cking brutal. Many many bizarre shouts tearing strips when they were winning. My favourite at 3-1 with ten mins to go the keeper (ex Don Aarron Lennox) kept the ball at his feet to eat up time and did the old draw the striker in routine. The boy behind me lambasted him "oi ye f@cking d@ck, what the f@ck you playing at, we are 3-1 up, stop being a f@cking d@ck". Brilliant. Bit there are too many to list. Constant slagging. Throughout.

Anyway decent enough game
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-02-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Starks Park a ground that eluded me in Raiths Premier years. Finally made it. The battle of the Rovers.

Got oot the the car (right outside the front door) and was hit with an Arctic blast. So the recommemded boozer was substitited for the closer Estuary. Spoke to a couple of guys regarding the Colts teams and its apparent Raith will vote against it. Good guys.

Got to thw ground and decided nae to sit in the wonky L shaped Turnbull Huttton stand and chose the behind the goal South Stand so i could see the weird one. The only places i remember seeing similar shaped stands are Tannadump and Polo Park ex home of Stoneywood.

First half was a tight affair. Probablly 50/50 ball possession and both teams did try to get it down and played some good fitba. But the highlight was the awesome steak pie. Up there with Forres Mechanics. Stappit full of excellent steak. I laughed at the sign at the pie stall saying "supporters be aware hot drinks are made from boiling water". I thought folk from Kirkcaldy must be a bit special. Turns oot boiling water down there is infact lava. Im sure the enamel is gone from my teeth and the skin from my upper mouth. F@ck me that was painful. Anyway RR went in 1 up at half time

The half time draw was done by a dude doing what ive set out to do but is better than me as he completed it tonight as Starks was his 42nd. Well played. Even more well played as hes from Es***. The announcer asked him his favourite and he said "the three big Glasgow grounds are impressive structures bit Arbroaths my favourite. To which the announcer said" really well at least you didnt say East End Park"

Second half started with an Albion equaliser but Raith came out and comfortably won the game 3-1.People think the negativity on here is bad. The Raith fans arround me were f@cking brutal. Many many bizarre shouts tearing strips when they were winning. My favourite at 3-1 with ten mins to go the keeper (ex Don Aarron Lennox) kept the ball at his feet to eat up time and did the old draw the striker in routine. The boy behind me lambasted him "oi ye f@cking d@ck, what the f@ck you playing at, we are 3-1 up, stop being a f@cking d@ck". Brilliant. Bit there are too many to list. Constant slagging. Throughout.

Anyway decent enough game
    Class as always pal, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Class as always pal, cheers
    2 more to come before im affshore again in 2 weeks

I dont know if you noticed but the old stand has an enclosure in front of it. Years ago you could stand there and watch the match however if you tried that now the boundary wall would be above your head. When they built the new stands they levelled the pitch and the old enclosure serves to illustrate the slope on the old park.

The railway line enclosure which run along the opposite side of the pitch was redeveloped years ago only to find that the concrete they had used was too heavy for the foundations and it was deemed unsafe to use. I think. Great wee ground tho. Real fitba. Real fans. Nae tourists (apart from Pacman).

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    I dont know if you noticed but the old stand has an enclosure in front of it. Years ago you could stand there and watch the match however if you tried that now the boundary wall would be above your head. When they built the new stands they levelled the pitch and the old enclosure serves to illustrate the slope on the old park.

The railway line enclosure which run along the opposite side of the pitch was redeveloped years ago only to find that the concrete they had used was too heavy for the foundations and it was deemed unsafe to use. I think. Great wee ground tho. Real fitba. Real fans. Nae tourists (apart from Pacman).
    And the boy fae es***

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    2 more to come before im affshore again in 2 weeks
    fit two is that pal

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    fit two is that pal
    Have you done Ainslie Park yet the home off Edinburgh City and Spartans FC

Broadwood next Friday for Cumbernauld Colts v Gala and Forthbank for Stirling Albion v Annan

Havent done Ainslie. Had train booked but it fell through.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast