+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Usual bar info check. Any help will be appreciated

Saturday I'm doing a mannies day oot at Forthbank for The Binos v Annan. Getting the train so its a richt day oot. I had a nosey for pubs and there seems to be heaps of choice. Can anyone recommend any as we don't have enough time to batter through them all? The three of us are beer connoisseurs so decent selections of ales wouldn't go a miss. Also does Alex Smith still have a bar?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Saturday I'm doing a mannies day oot at Forthbank for The Binos v Annan. Getting the train so its a richt day oot. I had a nosey for pubs and there seems to be heaps of choice. Can anyone recommend any as we don't have enough time to batter through them all? The three of us are beer connoisseurs so decent selections of ales wouldn't go a miss. Also does Alex Smith still have a bar?

Cheers
    Think Smith's restaurant was/is a fair bit out of town. Forthbank is also fair bit out of town and the opposite direction to the majority of bars. The town centre bars are only a few minutes walk from the station - Baker Street area has a few bars which satisfy me - but I'm a bit of a happy-clapping half-and-(a)-half man. No 2 Baker Street used to be ok with some decent beers. Green Gates is great for a curry btw.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Forthbank is also fair bit out of town and the opposite direction to the majority of bars.
    God help us with Kingsford if Forthbank (1.1 mile walk from the station) is considered to be "a fair bit out of town".

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    God help us with Kingsford if Forthbank (1.1 mile walk from the station) is considered to be "a fair bit out of town".
    Oh for f@ck sake thats a taxi there and back

Cheers
    Hi Paco,

I used to go to the home games with my grandfaither when I wasn't being a top red. Back then though it was the old Anfield. Forthbank is an out of town soulless ground where the closest pub will be a beefeater type place. It isn't that far from the train station though.

As tradition you should go to the Port Customs and leave me outside whilst you have a couple of pints and smoke some fags. That's what my grandfaither used to do to me and my uncle before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Hi Paco,

I used to go to the home games with my grandfaither when I wasn't being a top red. Back then though it was the old Anfield. Forthbank is an out of town soulless ground where the closest pub will be a beefeater type place. It isn't that far from the train station though.

As tradition you should go to the Port Customs and leave me outside whilst you have a couple of pints and smoke some fags. That's what my grandfaither used to do to me and my uncle before me.
    I saw the beefeater. I also checked the Albion web and it says theres the Bino Bar at the ground which is open to anyone

If you fancy a day oot ill easily leave you outside the pub

I saw the beefeater. I also checked the Albion web and it says theres the Bino Bar at the ground which is open to anyone

If you fancy a day oot ill easily leave you outside the pub
    I don't know where is good for Ale as it tastes like piss but Morrison's has plenty of beer on tap. Pop into Europa music just a stones throw away. That's where I used to get my Nuclear Assault picture discs.

After the game go to behind the wall, rainbow rocks where Annalise from Neighbours hangs out then to the Fubar for a knock back and maybe a fight. Finish up in All that Jazz where you might get to nip a Lassie from Bridge of Allan. To be fair that was the agenda circa 1998. Gid times.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't know where is good for Ale as it tastes like piss but Morrison's has plenty of beer on tap. Pop into Europa music just a stones throw away. That's where I used to get my Nuclear Assault picture discs.

After the game go to behind the wall, rainbow rocks where Annalise from Neighbours hangs out then to the Fubar for a knock back and maybe a fight. Finish up in All that Jazz where you might get to nip a Lassie from Bridge of Allan. To be fair that was the agenda circa 1998. Gid times.
    Annalise. Im there, just in the off chance

Annalise. Im there, just in the off chance
    Name:  downloadfile-4-01.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  8.0 KB

Stirling was a great night. I remember one of my mated pushed me into her in the Rocks. She looked at me like I was a total dick (which I was) and then the bouncers papped me out after giving me a do in. Wouldn't have been so bad if one of the bouncers didn't work with me.

Good adherence to the rules

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast