+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Craven Cottage is ace. Been a couple of times as my pal used to live in Putney. You get off the tube at Putney Bridge. And there a few good bars there. Then head back to the bridge on foot and through the park and the cottage is there.

Aye i have heard its a good ground to visit so quite looking forward to it, £30 for ticket is not too bad either for English prices, wqs either that game or Charlton to see Magennis. The West Ham game was £60 so said fuuck that.

Just back from my trip to London and Craven Cottage. Very good set up at Fulham, got off the tube and went for a pint in a german bar about 10 mins from cottage, only had time for 1 as by the time i flew down and got to my mates and then intonthe area it was around half 11 and it was a 12.30 ko. Enjoyed my Krombacher and walked to the ground, very nice area and a nice park just beside the ground. Anyway got there and headed to the pie and beer stall as i had to sample the delicacies, steak and ale pie was very tasty, not quite a County haggis pie but probably top 5 out of all the stadiums i have visited, had that and a pint and went to the seats, being in the away end for a local derby meant standing whole game which was a boost, QPR fans sang whole game and by what supporters round about me were saying they expected nothing from this game so no surprise to see Fulham go 1-0 up the Scottish boy Cairney was running the show and scored a cracking goal then just at half time went 2-0 up but on the whistle QPR got 1 back. Half time was brilliant, went out back for a beer and everybody was buzzing, smoke bombs going off and everybody singing, bouncing about and enjoying themselves, wee bit o trouble when cops tried to throw a couple boys out but fans from the stairs above grabbed 1 of the lads and hoisted him up away from them so cops just left. Back up for 2nd half and it was a completely different game, QPR stepped it up and Fulham couldnt handle them eventually they got the equaliser and the stand went wild, pushed for a winner but couldnt quite get there. Overall draw was fair enough. After game there was no getting kept back 10/15 mins or any trouble and everybody just mixed in walking to tube/pubs etc. 2 things i didn’t like the fact that Fulham had decorated the away area for the day in QPR bunting/flags/colours and some of the songs had words the didnt include the words Queens Park in them and i didnt feel comfortable with that. Cracking day at the football and because of getting a pint and a singsong before and at half time it shows that we miss it up in scotland as its a good laugh, a money maker and i think adds to it.

Going to either Montrose, Brechin, Peterheed or Cove play off game tomorrow. Anybody recommend which is the better one? Montrose likely to win league, Peterheed could win it with a Montrose loss, Brechin tryin te get 1st win of season in last game, Cove trying to get in to football league. Choices 🤔

Sevcove v Spartans all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Sevcove v Spartans all the way
    We don’t have a game today.....again!
    Was going to go to Links Park......however the lure of Inverurie is too much, outwith my own team,Hive....I’ve probably watched Cove more than even the once michty.

SF

Cove v spartans it is. Big question is, how are the pies?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Cove v spartans it is. Big question is, how are the pies?
    F@ck knows, I’m just away to head up, they do a fine Uri Geller in the social club though.....3 points last night, AC unbeaten today and an unbiased/objective afternoon ahead watching two teams desperate to get a chance to play the Blue Brazil.

SF

Heading off soon, does the social club have sky tv for Hamilton v County game? Looking forward to the game not seen much of Spartans so not sure what to expect we them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Heading off soon, does the social club have sky tv for Hamilton v County game? Looking forward to the game not seen much of Spartans so not sure what to expect we them.
    Yes it does have Sky and BT

Also the pies are alright and cheap.

If its the usual barmaid she's a laugh. Locos fan and rips the sh@te oot the Cove boys

Draught lager is Carlsberg or San Miguel. It was last time I was in for Cove v Strathy.

Enjoy guys and as dirty as it makes me feel. Come on sevcove. (local fitba and all that)

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast