+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Picked a cracker today

Morton 5-1 Partick Thistle

Sh@te weather aye but it didnt dampen my Cappielow experience. It was great. Its a great proper old school ground. Exactly what an old romantic wants. The Cow shed was in full voice and getting it right up the Partick fans and Jai Quitongo.

The game was an eye opener. Partick were the worst team i have seen this season and away from the Dons ive done 12 neutral games too, at all levels. They will be in danger of a double relegation(did that happen before, i think it did). Nothing about them is remotely good. Complete dross. They went up 1-0 but as soon as Morton equalised it was the Tons game. They destroyed them with ease. Miles Storey used to play for us. He is shockingly bad. He hit two shots out for throw ins in quick sucession and between the two hit a shot higher that it got distance and just landed in the small Sinclair End terracing after making contact on the pen spot.

I also got to witness something i doubt ill see again. About 70 mins in as Morton were away to score their 5th there was an f@cking massive bang above the main stand. (i was in it). Nobody knew what it was and the game carried on. Turned out a floodlight bulb exploded and showered the pitch in glass. A Morton player called the ref and it was held up for 7-8 mins as players and officials picked the shards out of the grass

Well worth the day out. Now in Ayrshire and the weathers looking awful for Rugby Park

To be noted, well played Morton vvvvvvvvvvvv

Annan Athletic 0 v 2 Cowdenbeath

I promised myself i would do two of the big eens this season. Ive done two now(Galabank and Shielfield) so i reckon ill smash all four in now

Big fan of Galabank. As soon as i got out of the car i could see why they were accepted into the league. (10th season now, where does time go.) . They have a decent set up.

Found myself there at 1 so i went into the social club for a pint. Decent place and the locals were really friendly. I also spoke to a Blue Brazil fan as he had a manc accent which i thought was weird. Turns out he is a FC United of Manchester fan and was actually the clubs programme editor. But he was also a Cowdenbeath fan. Sound dude. So were all his pals who he had coaxed into coming up.

One thing i noticed about Annan is, there is a real sense of local pride amongst their fans. They love it. They all seem to know eachother to and all wear colors prettty much. During the match i stood bletherering to some old geezers. Also very nice fellows. It was intetesting to get their take on the club and where its heading. They all used to play against Annan 50 years ago in the Carlisle and District league. Good to hear all their stories.

The game was a funny one. Annan played some really nice fitba but cost themselves as two errors caused both goals. First een, the keeper shirked out of a challenge with the striker who didnt shirk and poked the ball in. The second was in the last min. The Annan right back inexplicably tried to pass across the edge of the box to tbe LB but teed it up nicely for the Cowdenbeath player who f@cking smashed it home from twenty yards. Cracking hit.

Great day out despite the weather.Great people. one of my favourite trips so far. I recommend it to anyone who finds themselves down in the area.

Nice one, did you get a ticket stub at the Annan match? I was there for a match against East Fife and had a couple of beers in their social club...I remember two drunken East Fife fans telling a woman who had came out of her house that they were from "the brightside of Fife" which is not my recollecton of Methil.

I was surprised at the degradation of Annan town centre but then I was quite surprised at the poverty around Scotland when I went round the grounds. Comparatively, we really do live in a bubble up here in the North-East. I do worry what will become of Aberdeen once the oil dries up. Probably something along the lines of Detroit...

No stub. So kept my 50/50 ticket as a memento

I saw none of Annan the town as i drove to Newcastle straight after and you will know Galabank is right on the edge of town at the motorway side

The towns alright, been in much worse. Give us a shout when you get round to Dalbeattie Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The towns alright, been in much worse. Give us a shout when you get round to Dalbeattie Star
    Or Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Or Queens.
    Absolutely. It’s not a bad day out. Pubs are alright, good chippy & terracing

May even stay doon for that een

Aye, mon down get pished. Me & the missus will put you up, if you don’t mind a veggie breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Aye, mon down get pished. Me & the missus will put you up, if you don’t mind a veggie breakfast
    Nice one.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast