+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Leagues Hike

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Two keeper howlers Pac Snr said. Finny team Thistle. Play well alot of the time but chuck points galore. Mid table for them i reckon
    Tbh, the keeper was at blame for one goal, however it is unfair to single him out imho, if indeed thistle tried to play fitba as I’m sure they can they should be fine, we are a young team but will not be intimated......unfortunately the bar was closed and the only communication I had with possibly your dad was a handshake at the end as I wished the team all the best going forward.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Tbh, the keeper was at blame for one goal, however it is unfair to single him out imho, if indeed thistle tried to play fitba as I’m sure they can they should be fine, we are a young team but will not be intimated......unfortunately the bar was closed and the only communication I had with possibly your dad was a handshake at the end as I wished the team all the best going forward.

SF
    Would have had the flag all game, short with grey hair and a grey beard

Aye the Meadows bar is gone. Which is a disgrace.

The mainer and the terrace behind the goal only. We stood in the terrace the whole game

It may be Kelty Hearts in which case i would hope you support Albion for a day due to Keltys manager
    Aye, I would support the Rovers against either of those two. I actually had a soft spot for the Rovers since by Dad took me to a rare away game in the 1980s against them at Fir Park in the League Cup. That match in August 1989 was the last time the Dons played them.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, I would support the Rovers against either of those two. I actually had a soft spot for the Rovers since by Dad took me to a rare away game in the 1980s against them at Fir Park in the League Cup. That match in August 1989 was the last time the Dons played them.
    I was at that one. They put all the fans together in the same end

I was at the game yesterday, as you mention the fans really backed their team to FT.
    Just felt they never got that bit of luck you need when bottom of the league, i'll be back for their next home game as i've given up on the top league this season due to the blatant corruption.

No mention of the 50 year old mascot, doubt you'll ever see so many cameras for teams running out in the bottom league ?

Bit of trivia for you, Albion's No.10 used to play for Villareal.

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    I was at the game yesterday, as you mention the fans really backed their team to FT.
    Just felt they never got that bit of luck you need when bottom of the league, i'll be back for their next home game as i've given up on the top league this season due to the blatant corruption.

No mention of the 50 year old mascot, doubt you'll ever see so many cameras for teams running out in the bottom league ?

Bit of trivia for you, Albion's No.10 used to play for Villareal.
    Wee man needed a pee at about 14.58 so i missed KO and the mascot

There was a thing about the Number 10 in the Sunday Mail nae long ago.

I didnt think Albion were as bad as to be so far adrift at the bottom

Change of manager has helped them out from what i've read, starting to get their act together but the damage was done in the first 4 months of this season.

7 points behind Berwick so play-off likely.

If you fancy an Airdrie game im up for it

Would have had the flag all game, short with grey hair and a grey beard

Aye the Meadows bar is gone. Which is a disgrace.
    Indeed, I shook hands with both the chaps that were ages/perhaps older than myself in the dugout across from where I was standing, shame the bar is not open now as it is fine to have dialogue after the game with a small libation.

SF

Name:  LIONEL NESSIE.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  82.2 KB

Ill use this photo as Jnr was delighted to meet Lionel Nessie

Inverness Caley 2-2 Ross County (Caley on Pens)

After reading about the first game then noticing I was home for the replay this was a no brainer. Although I have been up numerous times and have even had a tour of the stadium (after my U14 team pumped theirs 4-2 with two from yours truly) it was a photo opportunity and a chance to carry on Pac Jnrs education of Scottish fitba**

What an advert for our game. I thought that was a f@cking great game to watch as a neutral.. Atmosphere was great despite the big gaps in the crowd.This due to Caley having a signing section mid stand behind the goal. In good numbers too. (Nae chucked in the corner of the family stand). All game they made a din. County also had a section that was a bit boisterous and even had flares

But more importantly after an epic first game we got an epic replay between two team clearly wanted to go through (no devaluing cups like in other countries). Just a bloody good game from the off, tough tackling, good attacking play and 22 men that gave a f@ck (I thought Gardyne was excellent). With RC looking like going through and Caley to equalise so late on just made it all the more decent. Then after that it just seemed like everyones legs went and anything could have happened. Foxs almost f@ck up summed up the tiredness of everyone

I said all along I would leave at 90 mins no matter the score as Jnr was with me. So radioed the ET and Pens. Gutted I missed a pen shoot out but it was a wise choice as I was just beyond Fochabers by the time the pens had finished. Too late for the wee man as it would have been after midnight.

Tonight the Champions League the so called best tournament in the world threw up two 0-0s. All four teams involved had single players worth more than ICT and RC are worth in total as clubs combined. I know where I would rather have been and I was. Two teams who wanted to win and threw up a cracker with no over defending. Proper entertainment by proper football players.

Scottish Football = Knocked by too many when actually entertaining as f@ck most of the time

Champions League = Sports equivalent of Hitler and Pol Pots love child

**His education is 10 months so far (which is really 5, he has watched games from junior up to the Prem. Tonight was the tenth tournament he has viewed in the tenth region of Scotland. His 15th ground too. Its awesome to see how much he is loving it. Much better than doing it myself
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-02-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast