+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis has gone

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Total nonsense.
    The guy should be praised for keeping us in L1 with the squad at his disposal for as long as he did.
    Not many could have done that after losing the quality of players like Powell, Westy and Murph who would have all been irreplaceable at this level.
    SD failed last season and could not halt the slide this - so ultimately had to go - and probably a month or two too late, but not before.
    We're not bloody Barcelona y'know!!

We move on.
    Time to dust off the lyrics of one of my favourite songs of recent times ........ what were they? ....... oh yes, I think I have it .......... "David Artell, David Artell, David Artell, David Artell" <repeat over and over>
    Spot on Somerset. There has been a serious lack of respect for Steve Davis. He a human being who was doing a very difficult job under almost impossible circumstances.

Point taken Timmy,

but the lack of respect for him extends to our first team squad over the last couple of years, and that has been another part of the problem. I think your over-egging the problem of managing the Alex....'nearly impossible circumstances really?
    Hopefully Mr Artell will prove that with the right skills, motivation and and a bit of luck that it's not nearly impossible, but easily achievable to stay in League 2, indeed to aspire for more.

Yes Steve, thank you for the good times 3 or 4 years ago, no thanks for the poor football and displays that have been the norm more recently.
    Last edited by RedandWhiteSpartan; 09-01-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    But are they the ones SD was bringing in anyway (Jamie Ness?) or Dave's selections? How about Kiwomya - still staying?
    Kiwomya signed until the end of the season.

Having been a fan since 2004, I would like to personally thank Steve Davis for creating memories that will last a lifetime. In such a short period of time, he has to be remembered as one of the clubs most successful managers. From the FA Cup defeat in his first match, you could see he had a team capable of something special and that promotion and the JPT run that followed the year after will something I will always look back on with pride

However, with so many good memories, I can't forgive Steve for producing the worst year of Football. 2016 was horrible for so many different reasons with only Rotherham collecting fewer points. He was given the time to change things around but I already think he had lost the dressing room by November. I still honestly believe you can pinpoint these past couple of seasons down to letting Grant go which in hindsight failed spectacularly

Quote Originally Posted by David_de_Garratt View Post
    Having been a fan since 2004, I would like to personally thank Steve Davis for creating memories that will last a lifetime. In such a short period of time, he has to be remembered as one of the clubs most successful managers. From the FA Cup defeat in his first match, you could see he had a team capable of something special and that promotion and the JPT run that followed the year after will something I will always look back on with pride

However, with so many good memories, I can't forgive Steve for producing the worst year of Football. 2016 was horrible for so many different reasons with only Rotherham collecting fewer points. He was given the time to change things around but I already think he had lost the dressing room by November. I still honestly believe you can pinpoint these past couple of seasons down to letting Grant go which in hindsight failed spectacularly
    Grant is not the man to be around a young squad. Absolutely the right thing to let him go

Results game

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Grant is not the man to be around a young squad. Absolutely the right thing to let him go
    Well get rid of the Young Squad then seeing as they have not performed for the last 3 years,let's have some old Pros back,with SD leaving make any difference to the Powder Puff forward line the same results will still come along.
    Any Manager taking on the Academy will suffer the same fate as SD.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Well get rid of the Young Squad then seeing as they have not performed for the last 3 years,let's have some old Pros back,with SD leaving make any difference to the Powder Puff forward line the same results will still come along.
    Any Manager taking on the Academy will suffer the same fate as SD.
    Brilliant!!!!

Reliable sources inform me that our resident CAFC PR official Timmy58 is currently 1/5 favourite for this years sainthood.

Heard on RS this morning that Kenny Lunt has been named as Assistant Manager. Can anyone confirm.

Hopefully that is bye bye to James Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Heard on RS this morning that Kenny Lunt has been named as Assistant Manager. Can anyone confirm.

Hopefully that is bye bye to James Collins.

Yeah he is to be unveiled as DA's Assistant Manager.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast