+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Davis has gone

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    FYI Mike, I believe it was right to continue with Davis at the beginning of this season, and my opinion changed at the turn of the year when we stopped scoring and picking up points in a fairly poor league. Carlisle apart, we have not looked like scoring and he probably should have gone after the Accrington defeat. I am not unhappy with the appointment of Artell and Lunt. But I am concerned about the lack of managerial experience in that team. Davis had been a highly successful manager albeit at lower league level so did have managerial experience. I have been a Crewe supporter since the pre Dario days so of course I hope this proves to be a good appointment but as I said, I won't be surprised if it isn't. Very rarely do managers with this level of experience succeed at the first time of asking.
    So, Mike, not negative. Just grounded and not being carried away on a wave of unfounded optimism. I will be delighted for my fears to be misplaced. What does surprise me is the number of people who believe change automatically means better!
    Agree with Timmy it will not make Cooper or Kirk scoree goals will It! And as far as Lunt goes it's just a job for old blue eyes he never put a tackle in while playing for Crewe so maybe we will win the Fair League Trophy again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Well, well, well...

We have been waiting I don't know how long for Timmy to post something negative about the club even through all the past three seasons and he has refused time and time again and now the board have acted to stop the flow of bad results, he has posted a negative!

Now it may not take Sherlock much time to suggest that Timmy could be Steve Davis himself or his biggest cheerleader and why he was so so reluctant to criticise and now we may see a new Timmy doing more of that the very first chance he gets...

Maybe people can't think straight but exactly what managerial experience did SD have other than in lower non league and yet he achieved what he did in that first spell when a new broom was needed as the old broom ie Dario had lost his touch and motivation skills and that was needed at the time and so the time has come for another new broom. It was long overdue!

Artell is a 'proven' leader and motivator and KL is someone Dario was prepared to give a TEN year contract too because he rated him so highly. Timmy you need to be grateful that the board have acted now and not in April and appointed a great managerial team. SD can't complain as he knows he would have been sacked a long long time ago anywhere else.
    Think you need to wind your neck in a bit Mike....as the kids say. Timmy's post was just stating an obvious fact, follwed by a 'hope' and the final few words were a very reasonable statement (considering the rate of managerial failures).
    As with most/? all fans and posters I too am excited re the New management team, but blind optimism....?
    P.S why the quotes around proven?

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Agree with Timmy it will not make Cooper or Kirk scoree goals will It! And as far as Lunt goes it's just a job for old blue eyes he never put a tackle in while playing for Crewe so maybe we will win the Fair League Trophy again.
    Who would you have as number 2 then? As I recall Lunt was in the side to create chances, not to tackle. Others were there to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Who would you have as number 2 then? As I recall Lunt was in the side to create chances, not to tackle. Others were there to do that
    ItWasDim will know don't not rate those other two non tackling midfielders Glen Hoodle and Paul Scholes, though in Scholes case he just couldn't tackle. Anyway, back to King Kenny, ItWasDim needs to search Paul Merson's fantasy football show on YouTube and see the episode with Dean Ashton, see Deans midfield picks and why.

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    ItWasDim will know don't not rate those other two non tackling midfielders Glen Hoodle and Paul Scholes, though in Scholes case he just couldn't tackle. Anyway, back to King Kenny, ItWasDim needs to search Paul Merson's fantasy football show on YouTube and see the episode with Dean Ashton, see Deans midfield picks and why.
    Is it under the Title "The Comedians"

My mother's reaction to Lunt's appointment was "How is he going to help? He never got his shirt dirty once". I recall her getting into a row about Lunt with the bloke in front of her sitting in the main stand. He ended up saying to her "you know nothing about football!" Harsh!

As for me, it will be interesting to see how Lunt shapes as Assistant Manager. Neither Lunt nor Artell have much time to get things right, but we need to start winning a few games to ensure we end up in the mid-table position I predicted at the start of the season. The squad is better than the results and an injection of confidence and self-belief is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    My mother's reaction to Lunt's appointment was "How is he going to help? He never got his shirt dirty once". I recall her getting into a row about Lunt with the bloke in front of her sitting in the main stand. He ended up saying to her "you know nothing about football!" Harsh!

As for me, it will be interesting to see how Lunt shapes as Assistant Manager. Neither Lunt nor Artell have much time to get things right, but we need to start winning a few games to ensure we end up in the mid-table position I predicted at the start of the season. The squad is better than the results and an injection of confidence and self-belief is needed.
    Lunty will be fine. Playing in the Championship and winning many games against some really big clubs and not getting your shirt dirty is quite an achievement!

But he was the creator and playmaker and did a pretty decent job and Dario will definitely support him and yes we will have to see how it goes but as the man said, could ANYONE do much worse than 2 wins in 21 games? If they can, see ya in the National League fixture at Chester!

We do need two or three experienced players and then we really could go places and winning breeds confidence and so A top ten finish or better is my prediction...

I understand Steve has taken on the role of the clown who cuddles the kids on matchday.....Well, he may as well make it official!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456