+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis has gone

And just to add, Davis will get another job in football.
    He did enough at Crewe to deserve that at least - and if/when he does, he gets my best wishes!!

yep, clubs always need someone to clean the kit or set the cones out for training although he would probably screw that up as well - i won't forget the past 3 seasons of tripe in a hurry, he managed to kill my enthusiasm for the alex, he should have been sacked end of 14/15

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Artell being a strong advocate of the academy, it must have helped swing it for him.
    Plus he's already on the staff so we continue to promote within - which has been proven to work before. Ok, not always, admittedly, but I'm all for trying to continue to promote the Crewe way rather than go down the Gudjon route again.

And we always talk about the fact that we want to see passion.
    Well, Artell had this in spades as a player and captain and, in my view (and I said it at the time), it was Davis's first major mistake as boss to release him a week after lifting the Play-Off trophy. he deserved the chance to lead Crewe in League One and then if he was found wanting, you deal with it.

He looked like a born leader on the field.
    Here's hoping he can replicate that off it.
    For me, an exciting appointment!
    Play-offs here we come!!
    I agree with that 100% and its not just about coaching whatever that is LOL but the passion and enthusiasm and get up and get stuck in attitude that is far more important and so I think its a great appointment made with vision at long last. The next move could be Ryan Lowe as his assistant being that is what he was going off to Bury for and so this maybe this could be the dream ticket we are all looking for..Play offs definitely here we come....eventually!

BTW, I'm not sure that SD will find a job in football that easy to come by as there are dozens of ex league managers waiting to come back in...Has Mickey Adams been fixed up yet?

He is young enough though and maybe a return to non league may suit him?

I for one feel sorry for him even though it was inevitable really. He will wake up tomorrow and have nowhere to go and ask himself, what do I do now? If he has a years salary as part of a rolling contract, it must lesson the pain?

Should be a bumper gate on Saturday when all those who said they would not come whilst SD was in charge

Wonder if the board will back DA loans instead?

Agree with Somerset that it is ironic that the man replacing Davis is his discarded Captain who deserved more.
    Hope big Dave does well, what he will do is take responsibility if things don't go well, not criticise particularly the younger members of the squad, one of SDS less redeeming features.
    Onwards and upwards!

Congratulations Dave! Can't wait for Saturday's win against Luton. C.O.Y.R!

Quote Originally Posted by bowser313 View Post
    yep, clubs always need someone to clean the kit or set the cones out for training although he would probably screw that up as well - i won't forget the past 3 seasons of tripe in a hurry, he managed to kill my enthusiasm for the alex, he should have been sacked end of 14/15

Total nonsense.
    The guy should be praised for keeping us in L1 with the squad at his disposal for as long as he did.
    Not many could have done that after losing the quality of players like Powell, Westy and Murph who would have all been irreplaceable at this level.
    SD failed last season and could not halt the slide this - so ultimately had to go - and probably a month or two too late, but not before.
    We're not bloody Barcelona y'know!!

We move on.
    Time to dust off the lyrics of one of my favourite songs of recent times ........ what were they? ....... oh yes, I think I have it .......... "David Artell, David Artell, David Artell, David Artell" <repeat over and over>

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Will the board give Artell some money now !!!!
    Yes they will and hearing two loans to come in this week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Yes they will and hearing two loans to come in this week as well.
    But are they the ones SD was bringing in anyway (Jamie Ness?) or Dave's selections? How about Kiwomya - still staying?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast