+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concentrating on the league again

Concentrating on the league again

Losing 3-0 against 10 men . phew, open the window, Wednesday are stinking the place out again. And that goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    Losing 3-0 against 10 men . phew, open the window, Wednesday are stinking the place out again. And that goalie.
    Getting knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round? At least it looks like you won't have to enter before that next season so won't have the ignominy of getting knocked out before the big boys come in.

We are struggling in attack a bit at the moment but still plenty to play for, what's the worst that can happen for us this season, ending up with a prospect of a derby against a team that has taken 6 years to get out of the 3rd division next season?

I’d say the worst thing that can happen is that Chansiri realises that Football and Wednesday are a mugs game and tries to recoup his losses before he gets too deep.

Morgan Fox ! What’s that all about ? Is he coming to keep Urby, Matias, McGugan, Bus and Abdi company on the bench. When Kieran Lee is a pivotal miss you know the house is made of cards.

I’m enjoying the collective light bulbs popping up over your heads as you realise that Carlos is a bit of a chancer. This is why he doesn’t stick around at clubs - no staying power as a manager. 40k a week on Fletcher and the guy doesn’t even run … considering the damage his salary has done to team spirit that’s one hell of a ******* dropped.

Meanwhile in BDTBL – manager of the year Chris Wilder has us four points clear.  Averaging two goals a game. I wasn’t sure about the appointment but he’s proving me wrong, you’ll do for me Chrissy Lad, you’ll do for me. Bunch of British lads managed and owned by a Sheffielder.

Bunch of British lads managed and owned by a Sheffielder.
    I like Wilder but thank the gods that King Kev was turned to the dark side as a kid...makes me shudder to think that he might have looked at us as a business venture had he been an Owl, holy fk the idea of it makes me feel how lucky we were to have Dave Allen AND Dave Richards.

I’d say the worst thing that can happen is that Chansiri realises that Football and Wednesday are a mugs game and tries to recoup his losses before he gets too deep.

Morgan Fox ! What’s that all about ? Is he coming to keep Urby, Matias, McGugan, Bus and Abdi company on the bench. When Kieran Lee is a pivotal miss you know the house is made of cards.

I’m enjoying the collective light bulbs popping up over your heads as you realise that Carlos is a bit of a chancer. This is why he doesn’t stick around at clubs - no staying power as a manager. 40k a week on Fletcher and the guy doesn’t even run … considering the damage his salary has done to team spirit that’s one hell of a ******* dropped.

Meanwhile in BDTBL – manager of the year Chris Wilder has us four points clear. :)  Averaging two goals a game. I wasn’t sure about the appointment but he’s proving me wrong, you’ll do for me Chrissy Lad, you’ll do for me. Bunch of British lads managed and owned by a Sheffielder.
    Judging by the renewed contracts signed today DC appears to have no intention of jumping ship.
    We have a decent number of British players and a good mix of overseas players in our squad, you much like most lower league teams don't tend to attract foreign talent.

Your Sheffield based owner has done alright for himself in the time that he has turned a Premier League club into a team that have been stuck in the 3rd division for 6 years.....
    When Samir Carruthers is a major signing no one in the division above you has too much to fear and he's such an upstanding member of society to boot.....

Pigs flying high in the pub league and Katch shows his face on Owlsmad - coincidence?

Didn't know Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud was a Sheffielder

Anyway, welcome back.

Don't worry about us big boys in the Championship, we are doing fine and meeting expectations.

The Boy Wonder and Rov getting all elitist on me. It’s like they haven't even noticed they support an unglamorous provincial team who for the past two decades have been stuck in the second and third tiers. And weren’t fourth division Wigan pioneers of the foreign imports with their three Amigos ?

Now McCabe’s a man who’s made plenty of mistakes. But he’s still a Sheffielder, he knows what It means to the city and the community. Chansiri is either in this for the money or a cock extension … either way not the most admirable of reasons we can all agree.

S6 seems a basket case right now. Winnall might be good banter for winding up the Dingles, but did you really need him ? Same with McMananman, Carlos hasn’t used a cultured classy wideman like Buckley so brings in a thug who is more likely to get sent off rather than produce anything, You’ve now acquiesced to the Argentinian mercenary which means you’re paying about 200k a week on just Fletcher, Abdi, FF, Reach, Bannon and Pudil - that’s unsustainable at the best of times, considering FFP it’s madness.

Under Kickaball you’ve got more risk aversive fear sterile football to look forward to. Just like the Hull PO final game, I can predict with absolute confidence that you won’t be going up. Your top goalscorer is on 6 for goodness sake.
    Last edited by Katchouro; 12-01-2017 at 08:14 PM.

The Boy Wonder and Rov getting all elitist on me. It’s like they haven't even noticed they support an unglamorous provincial team who for the past two decades have been stuck in the second and third tiers. And weren’t fourth division Wigan pioneers of the foreign imports with their three Amigos ?

Now McCabe’s a man who’s made plenty of mistakes. But he’s still a Sheffielder, he knows what It means to the city and the community. Chansiri is either in this for the money or a cock extension … either way not the most admirable of reasons we can all agree.

S6 seems a basket case right now. Winnall might be good banter for winding up the Dingles, but did you really need him ? Same with McMananman, Carlos hasn’t used a cultured classy wideman like Buckley so brings in a thug who is more likely to get sent off rather than produce anything, You’ve now acquiesced to the Argentinian mercenary which means you’re paying about 200k a week on just Fletcher, Abdi, FF, Reach, Bannon and Pudil - that’s unsustainable at the best of times, considering FFP it’s madness.

Under Kickaball you’ve got more risk aversive fear sterile football to look forward to. Just like the Hull PO final game, I can predict with absolute confidence that you won’t be going up. Your top goalscorer is on 6 for goodness sake.

Shut up bellend

So McCabe is now the Sheffield messiah? I take it the traditional end of season shoes off car park protest will be cancelled this season then?

I don't blame you for being envious of us splashing the cash, Katch. It must be a real kick in the teeth watching your rival team do their transfer shopping at Waitrose while the Sheffield messiah rummages through the discount aisle at Aldi.

Buckley is currently injured.

Re. Winnall: you’ve just answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    So McCabe is now the Sheffield messiah? I take it the traditional end of season shoes off car park protest will be cancelled this season then?

I don't blame you for being envious of us splashing the cash, Katch. It must be a real kick in the teeth watching your rival team do their transfer shopping at Waitrose while the Sheffield messiah rummages through the discount aisle at Aldi.

Buckley is currently injured.

Re. Winnall: you’ve just answered your own question.
    Exactly, only Katch could use the same post to question why we have signed a striker with 11 league goals in this division and then state our problem is our top scorer only has 6!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)