+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TS has been very unlucky...

Thanks boys lol....

TS has been a victim of his own success rather than unlucky with his choice of managers.

The common denominator with all managers is the "core squad" that - let's say accumulated at the club through our rapid promotion years. They were not championship players.

Warnock got the best results simply because of:

1....It was the end of the season the team knew each other and mostly - match fit - and he could risk injured key players plus he "parked the bus"

and

2...He brought in out of contract Lloyd Doyley & Best in key positions to do it !
    Not forgetting he had Freck's and Grant Ward who were a perfect combination for that quick break.

Both Redfearn and Stubbs were lulled into a false sense of security because they were given the "long term" speach and both managed accordingly.

Both were systematic in their approach and did things right.

Both had a core squad that wouldn't get into many championship sides ( a nice way to put it ) - but they had to work with them.

Both however were given budgets that needed a little creativity to work and as both were good at bringing youth / potential through they bought the rough diamonds and young uns to nuture into the way they wanted to play.

Both were let down by the "quality" of our core squad and I'm sure both had names of players of the quality they wanted but the pennies were not there to spend..

So both - got on with it and did their best.

Sadly - both were shot in the back for following orders.

Even Mr Millwall was given the "I don't care if we don't win in 7 matches" speach - but KJ.....

He came.....
    He saw.... &
    He scarpered.....

So - that's bulls##t time over....

Crap this Man-U match...lol

UTM

So, did TS lose his nerve, did he react too quickly to public pressure, did he panic when fortunes didn't change overnight (Warnock excepted)? Would we, could we, be in a worse situation had he persevered with Redfearn or Stubbs?

I don't think any of the appointments were bad - at the time. Stubbs' was the most ill-advised and the biggest gamble given his lack of Championship experience but did Stubbs precipitate the crisis that now engulfs us? Many would argue yes, one, at least, would say, no he should have been given more time... And time is the critical factor here. The transfer window was closed for another 12 weeks or so giving a new manager little or no room for manoeuvre with the strong possibility that all hope would be lost before it re-opened.

This left TS in an invidious position. To date he'd certainly given the impression he was intent on preserving our Championship status now what options did he have at his disposal? Other than praying a new appointee was a miracle worker, precisely none. He had backed himself into a corner. Check mate.

I was going to add that "fan power" had too much influence in the matter therefore I would request that TS's son have his mobile taken off him in the future.

I say his son because he'll play with his a lot more than his dad plays with his....his dad has somebody to play with his... to make appointments and stuff !

Just saying like....

It wasn't fan power.

It was that we had the worst defensive record in all the football leagues.
    It was that we were sh##
    It was that everybody apart from you could see it wasn't working.

I'm sorry but you are just an idiot pure and simple if you believe what you write on here.
    My 5 year old knows more than you and I for one am sick of the drivel you post on here.

What a complete plank.
    I

PPS: And fans calling a Rotherham United manager "Mr Personality" and making such things an issue in football is diabolical.

You won't know this but I stood up for Mr Stubbs through this period because it was like bullying in a school yard but the quiet lad couldn't fight back at all.

It was headline news and the abuse was personal. Read back on these posts - they were horrendous !

It was borne out of ignorance of football methods and generally blind spite - as all bullying is - although to some - it's sport.

He had to say "I've got broad shoulders"

And he's supposed to be concentrating on team affairs - he should never have to put up with such rubbish.

I wouldn't mind but he did what he was told to do - suffered terribly with injuries - he had some terrible luck with referee's but he continued to do what any good manager would do at the start of a 3 year project.

Again only my opinion.

UTM

Thanks Yak for making my point !

Goal difference counts for one point if it comes into play and conceding goals during the formative period of new defensive systems is natural.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Thanks Yak for making my point !

Goal difference counts for one point if it comes into play and conceding goals during the formative period of new defensive systems is natural.
    so if we go down on goal difference will you conceded stubbs was pants

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Good post that.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It wont be when lbj comments
    Mea culpa

Cayton if you say Stubbs was pants then close the thread....conclusion reached.

Just watched Man U v Hull

Hull have lost 2 great managers in close succession for exactly the same reasons Rotherham United have lost good managers lately.

There are good comparisons to be made between the two clubs and why the managers paid the price of a situation beyond their control.

Why do most of your reply's or comments consist of untruths ? I asked "if you would" but you twist it to make out I'm the one saying it
    I had to correct you other day spouting untruths about brown. And again the bull about hull and our club.

Where's the block button. I can no longer stand the bull shine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast