+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens Crest History for 2004 on HFK

Queens Crest History for 2004 on HFK

I always liked the 70's top and was pleased to get a very good quality , similar top from Bukta a few years back.You can see in this list how much of a darker 'Queens' blue this season's top is compared to the recent past. Lot better on the eye for a traditionalist like myself. I must say that I didn't much like the socks from 53-60 as it makes us like a team from Govan.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I always liked the 70's top and was pleased to get a very good quality , similar top from Bukta a few years back.You can see in this list how much of a darker 'Queens' blue this season's top is compared to the recent past. Lot better on the eye for a traditionalist like myself. I must say that I didn't much like the socks from 53-60 as it makes us like a team from Govan.
    Bukta were a popular manufacturer in the Seventies. On the subject of club socks, I liked the hooped socks from way back. I hope Queens keep this more royal blue colour moving forward.

Hopefully by the time the centenary comes around in 2 years we will have a special shirt and revert to the original badge - the shield one of the 1950s

On the subject of the club's centenary, will it be season 2018-19 or 2019-20?

(Team photo from the first ever Queen of the South game, 16th Aug 1919)
    Therefore 1919/20.
    Wonder IF there's any follow up to (a) game(s) v Leeds United - they being also formed in 1919. AND IF we could just simply both be Premier teams then?????

Quote Originally Posted by billyqos View Post
    (Team photo from the first ever Queen of the South game, 16th Aug 1919)
    Therefore 1919/20.
    Wonder IF there's any follow up to (a) game(s) v Leeds United - they being also formed in 1919. AND IF we could just simply both be Premier teams then?????
    March 1919 there was the meeting, so I suppose with the first match played in August 1919, then that would be correct for season 2019/20.

I never realised Leeds United were founded around then. HFK says that they had there meeting in October 1919 and founded in 1920.

FAO - Mr McCartney - when is the centenary book due to be published - Christmas 2018 three months before the March 1919 founding date or later at start of the 2019 - 20 season ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    God forbid. Even the red away kit is too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    God forbid. Even the red away kit is too much for me.
    Personally, don't like the red top and don't see it as a Qos top at all. Ideally , white top , blue shorts for away shirt but could make do with yellow.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 12-01-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)